Adjusting Water Pressure Reducing Valve/Butler

Rob Grady

Name
Rob Grady
This valve comes pre-set from Butler with no adjustment necessary, but the previous owner must have been tampering with settings. Anyone know the procedure for adjustment?
This is not the pressure unloader, but the valve before inlet to pump on low pressure cold water inlet.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
This valve comes pre-set from Butler with no adjustment necessary, but the previous owner must have been tampering with settings. Anyone know the procedure for adjustment?
This is not the pressure unloader, but the valve before inlet to pump on low pressure cold water inlet.
Pics?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
This is the same type of valve they use on homes to adjust incoming water pressure. You just use the t handle to adjust. Not sure why the butlers have them but they were used on older trucks mounts to slightly starve the pump so that it would draw chemical. You probably don't need to do that today. Adjust it for aprox 50-70 psi and you should be okay.

Rob Grady

Name
Rob Grady
Thanks Fred. That is the valve. Yes I know to use the 'T' handle to adjust for psi, looking for info on the actual procedure.
The pump can be gravity fed from the fresh water tank or garden hose connection, so I would have to connect a psi guage after the valve to measure correctly.
Maybe someone could give me an idea as to where the factory setting is on their unit by measuring the exposed threads on the 'T' handle.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Some water sources have excessive pressure, for example over 70 psi. Walmart in the RV section has one that fits the end of a garden hose that would also work.

Reactions: ronbeatty

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Thanks Fred. That is the valve. Yes I know to use the 'T' handle to adjust for psi, looking for info on the actual procedure.
The pump can be gravity fed from the fresh water tank or garden hose connection, so I would have to connect a psi guage after the valve to measure correctly.
Maybe someone could give me an idea as to where the factory setting is on their unit by measuring the exposed threads on the 'T' handle.
I think you can probably eliminate that valve from your system. I don't think it's necessary on modern systems. It's rare to find too much pressure from a city water supply.

Reactions: Rob Grady

Rob Grady

Name
Rob Grady
I think you can probably eliminate that valve from your system. I don't think it's necessary on modern systems. It's rare to find too much pressure from a city water supply.
That's what I was thinking also. I would like to eliminate the pulsation dampener as it has water flowing out the top and add a longer bypass line to absorb any pulsing, much like the setup on my HydaCell in use on the AquaTech.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
That's what I was thinking also. I would like to eliminate the pulsation dampener as it has water flowing out the top and add a longer bypass line to absorb any pulsing, much like the setup on my HydaCell in use on the AquaTech.
The pulsation dampener is good to keep. There is a specific pulse hose you can buy but I don't think it is as effective. I see new machines still using a pulsation dampener.

Reactions: Rob Grady

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom