Advertizement Budget

Name
Bruce
John Spezia said:
$40,000 per year just for T&G Cleaning.
John what percent is that? or what percent do you like to spend. I have often wondered what percent I should be spending on marketing/advertising.

danpauselius

According to Chuck Violand, (SFS financial guru) you should be spending no more than 10% unless you are a new company. In that case, I think he allowed around 15%.

John Spezia

15% of my business capital goes to advertising.

Been in business for 2 years. 2005 I was P/T and 2006 went F/T. So I have to get the word out on the streets on the type of services we provide.

You have to spend money to make money right!!!!

Name
Bruce
Yes, you have to spend it to make it. My wife will be going back to work this September after a 5 year vacation. I will be able to divert some funds back into marketing.

diamond brian

Spezia: What do you mean 15% of your business capital goes to advertising? That you have expressed one as a percentage of the other is blowing my mind!

Not calling you out, but $40k seems a little high for advertising T&G. T&A--yeah, but T&G?!?!

By "capital", do you mean total capitalization, working capital, or that you reside in Albany?

John Spezia

15% per year of my total earnings goes towards advertising. All we do is T&G Cleaning & Color Sealing and some Marble & Granite Restoration. We gross about $20K-$25K per month in business with 1 Van and 2 Full-Time Guys.
90% Residential & 10% Commercial.

It is pretty high for an advertising budget, but it pays for it's self and then some.

diamond brian

Wow John, those are great numbers! Thought about learning marble restoration, but I don't see a huge market for it here. Maybe I'm missing the boat?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I was talking to a fried of mine who has 40 trucks(independent) and he started with 50 cents on the dollar and now is at about 7%

bubba

I spent about 20k this past year. That includes Radio, TV, Print, Signs, and mail outs. It might be a little bit more. My major was marketing so I have an unfair advantage over others. '

I tell everyone... Remember only the US MINT can make money with out advertising and we can't!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom