Advice Needed

Mikey P

Administrator
lol.... I tend to forget just how much I was involved in the Glide story.

Ken was and still is an idiot and a liar and Greenie may be an idiot but thank god you two caved in and ran with the Glide idea. The impact for real cleaners (and not goofey part time Castex users) is and was life changing.

Cobb may sell the occasional bucket of waffle seasoning by mistake but like Olsen said, he really should be kicked in the ass for ever helping out Ken Harris.

Lisa, tell Joe or Rob to **** off. You may love 3 legged losers in your life but whichever one of those two it is, should be in the Rio Grande as well,face down with a a ken harris snaggletooth Glide up their ass.

Olsen will own the Greenglides banner here next week and anybody who wants to buy a Real American Green Glide while in their underwear at 2 in the morning will just have to click on his banner or go directly to his site.

John has stood by your side during the whole ordeal and should be reworded for it. No other retailer can say the same except for maybe Pemberton but his allegiance with BP stood in the way.

Last edited:

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
lol.... I tend to forget just how much I was involved in the Glide story.

Ken was and still is an idiot and a liar and Greenie may be an idiot but thank god you two caved in and ran with the Glide idea. The impact for real cleaners (and not goofey part time Castex users) is and was life changing.

Cobb may sell the occasional bucket of waffle seasoning by mistake but like Olsen said, he really should be kicked in the ass for ever helping out Ken Harris.

Lisa, tell Joe or Rob to **** off. You may love 3 legged losers in your life but whichever one of those two it is, should be in the Rio Grande as well,face down with a a ken harris snaggletooth Glide up their ass.

Olsen will own the Greenglides banner here next week and anybody who want to buy a Real American Green Glide while in their underwear at 2 in the morning will just have to click on his banner or go directly to his site.

John has stood by your side during the whole ordeal and should be reworded for it. No other retailer can say the same except for maybe Pemberton but his allegiance with BP stood in the way.

True true...

Total_Rookie

Name
Joseph Torrez
Interesting industry, makes me want to trust no one.

Dog eat dog

I strongly disagree with outsourcing to china for personal gain. Thank you GG for maintaining that same ethic.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I'm not trying to decide IF this distributor is planning to copy the glides....I'm already certain enough they are.

I'm not worried about losing their business. I'm not worried about distributors carrying other brands of glides, or even selling other glides over mine, if they feel they are a better value. it's not my business who's stuff they carry and who they prefer. My business is my business and I can only focus on what I do. My glides are not easy to copy as there is considerable work done after the rough machining which no one knows how to do. Nearly every one is done with custom cutters....as I said, good luck attempting to copy them. Others have tried and no one has gotten it yet.

What I am looking for is the best way to handle the situation with class and minimal damage all around. I don't like to burn bridges and I don't like to make enemies. I will even gladly help the competition if they come to me honestly for advise. However, I don't like to be treated like an idiot or lied to. I'm not a vengeful sort and I am much more cooperative than competitive. I always try to see a situation from the other person's perspective.

I sent them an email to ask about the different address and they emailed me back that it was their personal home....however there is a suite number and street view on Google shows it is an industrial complex, so I feel they are being untruthful to me.

So....do I take the high road, send out the order and let them struggle with getting the copy right... or do I confront them when LEGALLY they are doing nothing wrong?

Again, I would have no problem with a competitor using our product as a basis for designing a new and better glide, just as many wand manufacturers are now making integral glides with their new wand releases....improving upon the existing technology. That is how we grow as a society and technologically, but I am not sure whether it is the wisest decision to support a (prospective) competitor who seems to be trying to be deceptive to both myself and their own clients.

My inclination is to have a calm and honest talk with the owner, voice my concerns, tell him how it appears to me and see what he says.

Take care,
Lisa

Studebaker

Name
Studebaker
When we were just getting started with the Airpath sales I got a call from a carpet cleaning guy wanting to buy one. I took down all his info but I got this strange feeling about our conversation.

Called the number back and guess what fan company answered....

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You are far too nice a person! Don't help them, let them struggle.

Call them out, let them know you Googled them and you came up with a industrial park.

Psst give me their address and we will all have a good laugh over the smoke and ashes. :twisted:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb

John . . .

As usual . . .

you don't know what the Hell you are talking about .

Larry

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
When we were just getting started with the Airpath sales I got a call from a carpet cleaning guy wanting to buy one. I took down all his info but I got this strange feeling about our conversation.

Called the number back and guess what fan company answered....

So what did you decide to do?

Although I do think your stuff had at least the limited protection of being patent pending....

Take care,
Lisa

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
Tell them no ,if you don't trust them .life is to short to do business with people you don't trust . ...one dis goes away. A new one gets on board...they are up on our web site

Mikey P

Administrator
John . . .

As usual . . .

you don't know what the Hell you are talking about .

Larry

lol,, come on Larry

You've been in cahoots with Ken from the very beginning. Glides, lips, portables, stinky speed drying systems, HVAC junk...what else?

In fact, the very first wand/glide combo Ken ever sold in the states was one of your custom CMP wands with a two row hole glide.

That glide sits in Lisa's museum, the wand is still in use in my Judson.

fun fact, if I did not have that wand, my wife would have never been able to clean carpet that day after I broke my leg, which may have sunk us otherwise..

You and Lisa both like 3 legged doggies. (who poop goop)

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
lol,, come on Larry

You've been in cahoots with Ken from the very beginning. Glides, lips, portables, stinky speed drying systems, HVAC junk...what else?

In fact, the very first wand/glide combo Ken ever sold in the states was one of your custom CMP wands with a two row hole glide.

That glide sits in Lisa's museum, the wand is still in use in my Judson.

fun fact, if I did not have that wand, my wife would have never been able to clean carpet that day after I broke my leg, which may have sunk us otherwise..

You and Lisa both like 3 legged doggies. (who poop goop)

Ken's development of the first round glide was an important, no - groundbreaking contribution for our industry. Ken may not be a perfect person....same with Greenie, Joe Bristor and most others who have contributed important technological advancements to our industry, but we can not and should not discount what they did and where their developments have taken us.

Ken was inspired by the old Gold Star wands, pictured below, he found in the back room of his local supplier's store. The GS wands came with an integral glide. Those very wands now also grace my "museum" along with many, many triumphs and failures, both mine and competitors.

View attachment 1892

as I said, I don't seek to stifle fair competition or innovation, I just hate being taken advantage of and lied to.

Take care,
Lisa

Reactions: Larry Cobb

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Lisa,
I would trust your gut feeling, call and get to the bottom of it. After you have a talk you may even get a better feeling of what is about to happen. I don't know how hard it is to make a glide but I can see from this persons point of view " I CAN MAKE MY OWN GLIDES " TRUST YOUR FEELINGS

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I have the answer Lisa. Send him a banana glide that you spray painted white. By the time the Chinese make a thousand copies of it, what's he going to do?

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Trust your instincts and most importantly your heart Lisa. I believe you already have the answer to how you want to handle it and to me it seems the most honorable and forthright. All the other ways to deal with, while they may be fun to fantasize about, wouldn't be true to who you are imho.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I had a long talk with him and expressed my concerns and how it looked to me, he understood and gave me assurances that his intention was to have one of each in stock, not to replicate....so it is over for now and I have decided to follow Scott W's sage advice and send out the order.

Thank you all for your input and insight.

Take care,
Lisa

Reactions: SamIam

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I had a long talk with him and expressed my concerns and how it looked to me, he understood and gave me assurances that his intention was to have one of each in stock, not to replicate....so it is over for now and I have decided to follow Scott W's sage advice and send out the order.

Thank you all for your input and insight.

Take care,
Lisa

So what was his answer about the address? Did he move and now lives in an industrial place?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
All that for nothing..

Next time leave the drama to me Snow White...

For all we know you could of manufacture this thread. Glide drama is better than the usual "Your method, equipment or chemicals sucks" posts. Or the 25 best cleaners thread that fizzled out this year. Or does it get attention because Lisa is about the only girl that posts here?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom