Advice on this chair

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I got this chair from a Doctors office. They're being extremely picky about some white paint specks. These specks are smaller than a pinhead. I can barley see them. The Doc is very type “A” and wants them cleaned. My method will be to use some POG on the specks and then clean the rest normally. Am I correct here?

8CF6DF10-974C-4DA5-A296-219620E35F50.jpeg

Last edited:

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
P.O.G. can be difficult to rinse. Avoid the old amyl acetate formulas or you will have darker spots everywhere you treated the paint, and it will stink.

See if you can scrape them off, but if you have to use a solvent, use one that can be emulsified with a water based product. The All Solv Extreme / Avenge Pro combo or Prosolv Gel / Power Gel Combo work good

For those little flecks I would consider using a steamer and hot water extraction to see if you can do it without chemicals

Reactions: Nomad74

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Here is a pic of the specks. I tried to load them with the OP but MB is being extremely buggy.
Well damn. I now can’t load any pics. I click “attach files” and the screen says “no photos or videos”. @FredC

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
That's all that should need Damon. With a customer that picky, you surely want to avoid leaving solvent fumes and oily spots all over it.

Most of my tips come from me screwing things up and learning how not to do it again to be clear.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom