advice on this

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
Area rug See picture. Edge shot to try and convey what it is.
Modern Karastan Olefin/Nylon , with a rubber/latex? substance on the back.

Have been maintaining when needed with padcapping. All good.
Recently dog accident, got sick on it.
So took spotter to it , just in spots where the stuff was.. Tried to limit amount of moisture. Removed the offending substances 4 spots on the rug. Spots /areas tuned really brown/black. I was not able to remove. The more I strayed away from the areas , the more the black spread, So I halted that, threw a microfiber bonnet down and OPed it with my my little oreck. It got better, but not gone.
The picture is after letting it dry thoroughly and repeating the VLM ing again , and again, and again many times.
It is getting better , but only slightly following each padcap.
The rug actually looks better that the picture shows. The camera shows it worse than my naked eye.

Any better way to handle this. ?

Attachments

• rug edge.jpg
    rug edge.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 287

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
Sun, in OHIO?!!!!! Really lol
I need to go back through old photos since I am slowly learning how to get them on here. I have some Modern Flokati that a customer wanted me to service. Really interesting. Talk about SHAG!!!! took them home to work on for a time, just to experiment. OOPS, I hijacked my own thread!!!

actually, it is not stain, but a lot of wicking. It is why I keep padcapping it. There is not really a lot of fiber , but it does have the latexed, (I think,) back. NO, secondary backing over it like a lot of the tufted ones do.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Agree a mild oxidizer such as peroxide at 3 to 5% strength is what is needed. You could also use an encap products such as Encapuclean O2 which has peroxide. Then continue what has been working but get the added boost of peroxide.

Reactions: Rick J and Jimmy L

Sabyl Nate

Name
Nate Howard
I concur, you're going to want a "spray and walk away" oxidizer. Of all that I've tried in similar situations, I like Stain 1, personally.

Curious as to the soiling though. My gut tells me that it's overdue for a rinse out, and you're dealing with a build up. I'm just a carpet cleaner though, not trust my judgement.

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom