Adwords question

Chris A

Name
Chris
No but look up block your competition on AdWords on YouTube. One of the carpet cleaning web guys had a video of how to do it, can't remember who it was though. There's a way to block people from seeing your ads after they've clicked once.

FredC

Village Idiot
No but look up block your competition on AdWords on YouTube. One of the carpet cleaning web guys had a video of how to do it, can't remember who it was though. There's a way to block people from seeing your ads after they've clicked once.
I know how to block IPs in AdWords.....

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
You can create an audience of everyone that has clicked on your ad. Then you take that audience and you exclude them from your current campaign(s) which means they won't see them again. The nice thing about creating this audience is you could use it to do re-targeting with another Campaign and include only that audience. Such as doing a display ad re-targeting campaign. Display ads are WAY cheaper on the CPC but you can set parameters such as people in the audience who have visited certain pages on your website. Re-targeting gives you the possibility of finding higher intent visitors.

Display ads are the types of ads that show up on banners of websites and inside free game apps at the bottom of the screen. You can do text based and graphic based display ads. For graphic display ads you'll want someone to create a banner ad package for you because there are different sizes for each banner type.

FredC

Village Idiot
That can be useful but......At least from a blocking standpoint unless you are blocking ranges which will potentially block legit people it is a short lived solution in most cases

Are you having issues with a specific IP?

google has measures in place to combat fraudulent clicks and of course you can report

remember everybody that clicks more than once isn’t necessarily a competitor/fraudulent

(I know there are ways/3rd parties that can basically do this on the fly)

BB6C0B7D-731F-4CC2-8215-15278E90FE28.jpeg

and someone with reasonable intelligence wouldn’t be stopped by this if they were out to make fraudulent clicks

Are you actually having an issue?

Last edited:
Reactions: Walrus Gumboot

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Google does a pretty good job monitoring this themselves...
For a test, click on your own ad three or four times. You'll get charged for each, but those clicks/charges will disappear within 20 minutes.

I used to think my competitors sat there and clicked on my ads to derail my business until I realized the reason I was getting lots of clicks and no conversions was because my ad and website sucked balls.

Condog

Name
Tony
Google does a pretty good job monitoring this themselves...
For a test, click on your own ad three or four times. You'll get charged for each, but those clicks/charges will disappear within 20 minutes.

I used to think my competitors sat there and clicked on my ads to derail my business until I realized the reason I was getting lots of clicks and no conversions was because my ad and website sucked balls.
How did you fix your ad?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom