AdWords

jmo

Supportive Member
Name
Jeremy
What is everyone doing with AdWords? Are you running campaigns yourselves or do you hire it out? We recently hired someone to run them but have not been happy. Who do you recommend?

FredC

Village Idiot
What is it you're not happy with? Have you examined the campaign and found problems with it?

I really cant recommend anyone but I do suggest you spend some time learning how it all works if you haven't. Run through the google online courses. That way you have a better idea what to expect from a campaign. Lots of reasons for campaigns not to [perform well and it isn't always because who you hired isn't doing what they were hired to do.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

jmo

Supportive Member
Name
Jeremy
I’m not getting any calls been running for over a month. When I try and look up my ads they were not even showing up when they were supposed to be running.

Last edited:

FredC

Village Idiot
No reports. We are looking at the ads page overview. And we have phone numbers that record calls.
If you had the campaign report it might help you/us see exactly what isn't working and what to add/change.

It is something that should be made available to you by whoever is doing your campaign unless they claim some "secret sauce" bs

Reactions: Desk Jockey

jmo

Supportive Member
Name
Jeremy
This report

jmo

Supportive Member
Name
Jeremy
If you had the campaign report it might help you/us see exactly what isn't working and what to add/change.

It is something that should be made available to you by whoever is doing your campaign unless they claim some "secret sauce" bs
We have access to all info.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
display has worked the best for us.

also we have had companies that were spreading our budget too thin for the SEO side of things.

I like the idea of really concentrating it on one area that you service and figuring out what it takes to actually get results in that area so you know what that costs, then moving on to the next area..

for facebook we focus hard in specific areas until calls start coming in, that way our trucks are being seen in those areas and being seen online.

Reactions: Trip Moses

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
If you're paying someone likely 70-80% is going to manage the campaign. Lynda.com has video training for just about anything. I'd study up so the spend money actually gets spent marketing.

Reactions: jmo

FredC

Village Idiot
What Richard said.

as far as the reports I mean more of the keywords you are using and how you are targeting them.

Taking the courses will help you be able to do it yourself and get way more bang for the buck or help you when hiring someone to do it.

Reactions: Shorty

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
And we have phone numbers that record calls.
If this means that you have call tracking on your campaign, your ads are set up with a distinct phone number, not your business line. I found that confuses people and SEO also because your listings then are not consistant. @FredC would understand that better than me. It is a catch 22 because without a distinct phone number there is no way to track results.

Reactions: jcooper

jmo

Supportive Member
Name
Jeremy
So what it seems like everyone is saying is do it yourself.

So if we have different phone numbers that hurts your ads somehow?

Name
Peter Hewel
I used to live on Adwords. Used to spend about $500 per month. I have no doubt $200 of that was fraudulent clicks from one or two competitors I would call mentally ill. I am very low key on Search Campaigns for that reason. I would say I am doing pretty darn good with Display Ads. Terms like Carpet Cleaning do little or nothing. One of my best keywords is weather. Call it spamming, that's what it is, that's how it works. Make a compelling display ad. We are at about $200 per month and see about $1,000 in sales from Adwords. For what it is, that is good. It will not make you rich.

Jon

We spend an absurd amount of money on Google but it's working big time. It took awhile & wasted money but I finally got it right. I spent a lot of time developing the ads while the company that I hired does all of the things that I cannot. They really know their stuff. Go slow in the beginning until you understand it

Reactions: jmo

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom