Aero Tech belt issue

Mikey P

Administrator
@Fred Collins sent me this in a PM by mistake..

Hey fellow carpet cleaners, I wanted to reach out to see if any other Aero Tech owners have had belt slipping issues with your trucks. I'm on my 3 rd truck from Areo Tech, my 1st truck was a Vortex 1st generation 2002 my 2nd truck was a 2006 Areo Tech and I've owned 2 butlers and a white magic direct drive too. My current truck is a 2014 Areo Tech was my 1st with the Isuzu truck
The truck is more powerful than the UD Nissan 1400 but the new def with dpi filter has not been without problems and extra maintanence costs
The common theme with all my previous trucks was a belt deflection tensioner and I never had any problems. This current truck has no tensioner, it has a great design for easy belt replacement but the tension system does not hold up in cold or wet weather. Aero tech has tried to help me but I've still not got this situation under control as I have to get under the truck to re tighten the belts more than I should have to.

Mikey P

Administrator
Fred there absolutely is a way to adjust the belts, it's clearly explained in your manual.

Basically, the lower pulley is on a H framed mount that can very easily be extended or shortened with just an Allen wrench

Mikey P

Administrator
It's possible that you have maxed out the extension and you may need to either go with a shorter belt or extend the bolt slots.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom