Roughly 1 gallon a week
At $216 for the 55 gallons delivered thays 1.40 ish a week at 300 days a year

Roughly 2.5 fill ups of gas per week

Not so bad in the grand scheme of expenses

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I think you can get it cheaper at O'Reilly's Auto Parts Store-- its in 2.5 gallon plastic containers so easier to dispose of then 55 gal drums.-- Or are you going to start banging out Caribbean Steel Drums as a side biz?

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Oppps!!-- By Bad-- Geez my math has been OFF Lately.. Luckily-- The other day my tech caught my math error on a big commercial estimate! I guess My MIND is on Vacaction TOO!
Well off to do payroll- haha

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
What is the purpose of it DEF is it injected some where in the exhaust to weigh down the soot or black puffs ??

FredC

Village Idiot
Diesel exhaust fluid (from a separate DEF tank) is injected into the exhaust pipeline, the aqueous urea vaporizes and decomposes to form ammonia and carbon dioxide. Within the SCR catalyst, the NOx are catalytically reduced by the ammonia (NH3) into water (H2O) and nitrogen (N2), which are both harmless; and these are then released through the exhaust.[3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diesel_exhaust_fluid#Chemistry

Reactions: Mikey P

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Keep an eye on the fuel filter. When you change it look for little rust particle. The izuzu's tank is made from an inferior steel. As the tank level drops the diesel draws moisture from the air rusting the top inside of the tank. The float arm was also destroyed. They drop it replace the sending unit and coat the inside of the tank. 1200.00 later it's fine. Your humidity is so long maybe you won't have a problem but they do it so much here there is a company which just swaps out the tanks with already sealed tanks. Since it's not a safety issue izuzu addressed it by adding a low fuel rail sensor which puts you into limp mode. It was just out of warranty.

Gene

Name
BradFenstermaker
Mike I would of thought that the usage wood of Ben mucho higher.

Def reports on diesel truck/Lightduty forums are much higher

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom