Affordable insurance for carpet cleaners

Condog

Name
Tony
I'm shopping for an insurance policy. I'd appreciate any and all advice on a good insurance company. And

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
To see if one is more "affordable" than the other, you'll need to actually compare what coverage they are offering and the little details.

Unless you know these details, looking at a quote alone is meaningless, or you are likely to find out why when you (hopefully never) actually need them.

Condog

Name
Tony
I went to an independent, and was qouted $600 for the year. I was happy, was that a mistake?
Then I got a call back and was told they did paperwork for a carpet store, the new quote was for $1,200 for the year. They needed to finalize paperwork.
Today I got a call, new amount of $1,350.
Spit, I better accept, tomorrow it will be $1,725.
I was hoping there might be an insurance company or two that are carpet cleaner friendly.

scotty747

I use Contractors Insurance NW. Just over 100.00 a month. My agent says I'm covered for everything but being lazy.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
My coverage right now is American Family insurance. I'm probably gonna switch providers beginning of next year from my last conversation I had with them. Their general liability coverage will pay for the broken $10k vase that gets knocked over BUT WON'T PAY for a clumsy technician accidentally using the (for example) wrong chemical that would bleach the $10k rug. And they put my businesss under a Janitorial store with my workman's comp policy and won't change it to a service business. They just told me over the phone that I'd be covered, but won't put anything on paper.

They're the cheapest, but I think they're the worst. I'll be talking to another insurance provider next month

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
My coverage right now is American Family insurance. I'm probably gonna switch providers beginning of next year from my last conversation I had with them. Their general liability coverage will pay for the broken $10k vase that gets knocked over BUT WON'T PAY for a clumsy technician accidentally using the (for example) wrong chemical that would bleach the $10k rug. And they put my businesss under a Janitorial store with my workman's comp policy and won't change it to a service business. They just told me over the phone that I'd be covered, but won't put anything on paper.

They're the cheapest, but I think they're the worst. I'll be talking to another insurance provider next month
You're probably their dream client.

Condog

Name
Tony
Nationwide came in $500 cheaper than the Hartford. Country (farm bureau elsewhere) said they think they can come in for less.
It pays to shop, though as business men we hate that idea.

Condog

Name
Tony
Mike have you tried for a group discount for firm members?
I don't know if it's possible, if you could that would be a coup for all of us

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Their general liability coverage will pay for the broken $10k vase that gets knocked over BUT WON'T PAY for a clumsy technician accidentally using the (for example) wrong chemical that would bleach the $10k rug.
thats common with most insurance, they cover accidents not poor workmanship.
My insurance added in a poor workmanship and contamination policy relatively recently which they never used to have

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Mikey P

Administrator
Mike have you tried for a group discount for firm members?
I don't know if it's possible, if you could that would be a coup for all of us

I actually like my insurance agentand I value the fact that there is staff there that will answer my calls during business hours and get commercial clients the insurance paperwork they need within minutes and I would never dream of subjecting them to Marty

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I actually like my insurance agentand I value the fact that there is staff there that will answer my calls during business hours and get commercial clients the insurance paperwork they need within minutes and I would never dream of subjecting them to Marty
Well, maybe then we can get Marty's agent. Afterall, after dealing with Marty, we would all be dream clients

F

FB7777

I have been with The Hartford for over a decade and use a large Independent Agent

like Mikey, I value the fact they have dedicated staff for tasks like emailing certificates with minutes to demanding commercial clients

Reactions: KSL and Cleanworks

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I use Farmers and pay $198 per month for $1mil occurrence and $2mil aggregate. As much as I bitch internally to myself about insurance, I love being able to call them and say, "send so and so my liability and put them on my policy as additionally insured." It usually gets done within the hour. I know i'm not getting the best deal but having a local guy I can work with and the good customer service is what keeps me there.

Reactions: Mikey P

Condog

Name
Tony
I
I use Farmers and pay $198 per month for $1mil occurrence and $2mil aggregate. As much as I bitch internally to myself about insurance, I love being able to call them and say, "send so and so my liability and put them on my policy as additionally insured." It usually gets done within the hour. I know i'm not getting the best deal but having a local guy I can work with and the good customer service is what keeps me there.
I have talked with Country (Farm Bureau's local company in Phoenix) and Nationwide both offer a blanket umbrella policy that states all commercial work my company does is covered. No need to have another company added. They said companies accept this and it makes it easier on contractors and service companies.
I have received quotes ranging from $1,543 per year to $874 so far.

Great advice from you guys to shop around.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom