Agitate and pre vac

campusman1

a question here for everyone and i know I'm gonna get a ton of different answers but does everyone here prevac all commerical and resenditial carpets before they clean and how about residential is that done on every cpt campus1

Scott Rogers

Every job is different. Evaluate each job and use the necessary steps to get satisfactory results.

TimP

I vacuum most jobs I do especially residential. If I find a place that I'm sure has been vacuumed well I may not. However when moving LR furniture you have to vacuum there anyhow so if you're gonna pull it off the truck you might as well do the whole place. I'm more likely not to vacuum on commercial or large jobs where I give discounts though.

Stevea

For me I do pile brush and vacuum all carpet to take out the dry soil as possible. Since this is the greatest % of soil and it removes easier dry than wet, this is why I perform these steps.

Here is a clip of a real rug from a real customer, shortened a little so as to not be too boring but hopefully it will show some of the reason to try to remove as much soil as possible dry.

picture of rug, does not look real dirty
IMG_1791.jpg

PV12 vacuum that started with new bag, showing soil after brush & vacuum
IMG_1793.jpg

Close up of soil from rug
IMG_1795.jpg

click on video to play
video showing pile brush and vacuum and what comes out
th_Vacuum-Dust-Vacuum-Results.jpg

SA

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
Steve I noticed you vacuum on padding. I would think this is an aid as to getting more soil out than a flat hard concrete surface correct. Steve you always show a pretty good demonstration.

Stevea

Harry,

Yes, anything that will allow air flow helps with vacuuming. Padding will allow this much better than a concrete flooring.

Thank you for your comments, just trying to share a little and help with showing some of the ways to follow the standards and that proper dry soil removal will actually remove a lot of stuff we as cleaners may leave behind in the wet side of cleaning.

Take care,
SA

GRHeacock

After using many brands of electric vacs, I started using a turbine vac connected to my Truck Mount in 1996, and generally found it was quicker and easier than an electric vac.

One reason I preferred it was because it can also be used to agitate in the pre-spray. No roto, no brush.

My opinion- ALWAYS dry vac on every job, discounted or not, because the more dirt removed dry makes it easier to remove dirt that remains wet.

Gary

Scott Rogers

Gary

When using a turbo vac to agitate prespray, doesnt it cause the pre-spray to dry out to quick. And with that method you are removing a good portion of your prespray cutting down dwell.

GRHeacock

While using a turbine vac to agitate pre-spray, does remove a small amount of the moisture, the agitation it provides digs out the soils better than using a roto or a brush, which does not remove anything.

This means that wanding is easier, and soil removal is a higher percent because a certain percent of the original soils is already gone.

I only did one room at a time, not an entire house, so the pre-spray would not be too dry.

My procedure was- dry vac with the turbine vac, apply the pre-spray, agitate in with the turbine vac, then wand clean and extract.

The turbine vac slips on and off the wand cuff easily.

Not dealing with an electric vac then a roto, or brush, meant the entire job went quicker. And more thorough, in my opinion.

Gary

Stevea

Nice example, Ron, shows the need to use some form of dry soil removal.

Interesting comments GR, I doubt I would use the turbine vac for agitation of pre-spray but since many do not do so, it has got to be better than not doing so.

SA

Back
Top Bottom