Agitating Stairs

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
If it needs more than a simple hand brush of the prespray (and stairs are often the worst areas of a job) I will run my 15" Clarke 175 down the flight. They come out very nice with the rinse step, which is usually done with my my Ti wand. I bring in the stair tool just in case, but rarlely need it.

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
Gotta love Gem OP's. Didn't care much for the wimpy foam pad drivers.

DSC05487-450.jpg

Fred Homan said:
An Oreck orbital works great...12" Very light.....
I saw one of those at my friends ma's house. Went there to clean the carpets and she said I could have anything left cuz they were moving out. I saw the Oreck Orbital and called her....she said oh my daughter is taking that but you can have anything else. I thought the same as you Fred that it would be great for aggitating stairs. She said they were very expensive do you know what they go for? I think her's was called the oreck orbiter but I am assuming that its the same as what your talking about. (white, looked pretty light)

Fred Homan

I have had mine for about 3 1/2 yrs now. I think I paid about $350.00 Use a black brush head. It does work great! I'm sure they cost more now. Mine is black.

charlieclean

I use the Rotovac 360 on stairs. Just telescope the handle down to its shortest length and stand 3 steps below the stair being cleaning. About 15 seconds going left to right with the solution on, then about 15 seconds going left to right without the solution on. Very comfortable, very fast, and very dry. The only portion not cleaned is about 3" in the two corners, the riser, and the bull nose. I do those areas ,if needed, with a regular stair tool. The 12" carpet cleaning head of the 360 usually hangs over the step by about an inch but the overspray goes down to the next step to be cleaned anyway. When I get to the landing, I can adjust the handle to the perfect height for the 2nd step above the landing and then the first step above the landing. When I get to the landing, I telescope the handle to full length. I also have the option of taking off the shroud cover of the 360, take of the 12" head, and screw on a 7 inch head.

Name
Nate W.
Art Kelley said:
If it needs more than a simple hand brush of the prespray (and stairs are often the worst areas of a job) I will run my 15" Clarke 175 down the flight. They come out very nice with the rinse step, which is usually done with my my Ti wand. I bring in the stair tool just in case, but rarlely need it.

I'd like to see that. :shock:

Jimbo

Oreck Orbiter...the commercial model...black brush same as Mr Fred...it is my traffic lane scrubber also...nice and light...and still does a really nice job...it is amazing what agitation will do...especially on stairs...and the nosing of the stairs!

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Oh hell yeah stairs piss me off I hate doing them and I try to agitate them as best i can.

Back
Top Bottom