Agree or disagree....?

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I'll pick up a CRB over the rotory 9 times out of 10.

The 360i was not half the machine Mikey made it out to be and I’ll be damned if I’m going to buy a Hoss because it’s the flavor of the week here.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
I ran an RX-20 so long that it gave me Andre Agassi elbows.

Have you tried carrying an 80lb rotary up and down a flight of hose covered stairs lately?

Think I'll stick w my 10 lb Host and high flow wand.

As long as my clients think I'm the best that's good enough for me.

Mikey P

Administrator
the floppy handle on the HOSS and it's balance make it easy to lug around, much better than the RX but nowhere near as easy as the RV

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I am in no way dissing the hoss just pointing out what I found when using.

As stated in other post the machine I currently have has been recalled, as in sapphire wants it back.

Will test new unit and see what results I get.

We normally scrubb then wand extract and on the same carpet in the same building the wand out cleaned this particular machine I used.

52306cc8.jpg

Name
Lee Stockwell
Knowing the massive difference FLOW makes between wands, I'm sure the right mix of jets will make all the difference in the world for the Hoss or other rotaries.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Mikey P said:
If the 360i did not out clean your rotary/ CRB it must be due to operator error.

Could I get better results on some carpets with the 360i (sure as hell not CGD)?,,, Yes.

The marginal improvement is not worth cutting my production rate in half it 9 times out of 10.

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
i recall the 360 i was the cats meow
now it the ss soooo
i think i will wait
i did buy a rx 20 old reliable

i come so close to pulling the trigger on the 360 i last feb
i seen it up close and was not impressed

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
Not a big fan of rotary extractors. They are so slow to use. Sure they glide over the carpet in the open areas but you still have to bring in and use a wand for edges and corners. Then the extra hasle of a cord really breaks the deal for me.

Most carpets we clean don't have a massive amount of dirt in them, especially enough to show up on the head of the rotary like was shown before. The problem is usually breaking down the oils in the polyester carpet. We use a crb scrubber on every job. Once properly scrubbed you will have a very hard time convincing me that a rotary will out rinse a carpet.

Keep in mind I don't do any cleaning with the wand. I only use it to rinse out the carpet.

Agree: if you don't use any sort of aggitation besides the wand, a rotary will out clean it.

Disagree: If you are pre-scrubbing the carpet before extraction either manually, with a 175 or a crb

Chris A

Name
Chris
As of this second, I would disagree. With good chemistry, some sort of agitation, and a slow flush I think a fine job can be achieved with just about any recovery tool. That being said my shoulders been giving me some more serious problems than usual so I'm looking back at the RE option. I have a non-op RX-20 that I'm going to get working, and use for a few weeks this winter to see if its worth pursuing further. That being said I'm a little discouraged at some of the feedback on the new RE's, my recollection on the limited use of my RX-20 was that it kicked ass, it just left things a bit wetter (non-glided)...

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Before the 360 i etc...The rx-20 was the ONLY machine on this board that I heard of to get the job done....and you were a hack if you didn't use one. :roll:

I never did see the fascination with overworking, overkilling and generally just waisting time with a rotary extractor for 95% or better of carpets out there.

That 5% isn't worth my time, my money, my headaches or my back.

It's just carpet....Are you cleaning for them or you? The latter will get you broke quick.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
NobleCarpetCleaners said:
Every soil load is different. Most (?) can be popped off with some decent chems and heat. Every now and then some aggitation is needed. A rotatary extractor can often deliver that extra aggitation. So can a 175 with a good scrub pad. The "best" is tuff to define. Back in aviation maintenance we used to bicker about the definition of a "good" mechanic. It's probably in the eye of the beholder.

And as far as rotary extractors, nothing has ever been produced that scrubs and extractes better then the twin motor RV. If I end up going to MF I might drag along my modified original RV. I haven't used it in a long time on a job because it takes much longer then dwelling with good chems and rinsing out with a 14" glided wand and high heat.

I remember you mentioniing your modifications. I would really like to see them, so if you come to mikeyfest, by all means, bring it along!

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
I read these threads with much interest. I don't have a lot of experience with the various rotaries.

I try to read between the lines. Some don't have experience (like me). Some aren't talking about how well they clean, but rather mention ease of use or how fast they can go.

If you were to put no time restraints on a rotary to get the carpet its cleanest, which would clean the best on residential carpet? If you charge more becasue it takes longer and cleans better, does it matter if you spend a little more time cleaning? Or won't people pay more for that type of service?

I just get the impression that many cleaners need to get in and get out at a reasonably fast rate in order to make it profitable for what they charge, where as if they could get more for their service, they could afford to slow down a little.

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
Best Cleaner is a very subjective term. Depends on the person and what buttons get pressed. It's like what's the best chocolate if you like milk chocolate that's it for you or if you are a dark chocolate person that's it, they're both good it just depends which you like best. The best cleaner IMO would be someone who makes his customers happy. Using a TM doesn't make you a great cleaner a bit more than using OP makes you a hack. Brian's been beat up on cause he changed his method if his customers are happy with his service and the price he charges I'm sure they think he is the best, after all if you got happy customers and money in the bank that is a recipe for a happy cleaner and that is what is most important to me.
JMO

Back
Top Bottom