Ain't It Amazing.....

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Did a capet/upholstery job today for insurance claim, and when we finished, the homeowner wanted to know what chemicals I used? First thing I thought was ...."Chemo-phobe"...she's worried about what's on the carpet. Well, that wasn't it....I did explain what I do use as a rinse, Procyon, and what the chem make up is. She was complaining that all the chems she buys to spot her carpet with don't compare with how well we cleaned up her carpet. I also explained that we also use heat....lot's of it....and hi flow rinsing....something she couldn't replicate with any home unit.

It is amazing what we as carpet and upholstery cleaners can do for the custy compared to what they can do their selves.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Yeah I always tell people who ask that if we could do what we can with a home unit we would, and save about 60k. I do give out a lot of diy advice to very "spill prone" homeowners though...

Name
R.J. Povio
how about the custys that say if we can't get out a particular spot on their carpet when we clean it that they will try something on it themselves.....I love that one. Thats amazing! You mean to tell me that the custy has something more powerful and effective than what I have on the truck???! Then when I ask them what they might use if the spot doesn't come out....They reply I dunno...bleach maybe. I tell them NEVER EVER USE BLEACH TO CLEAN ANY CARPET OR FURNITURE!

The home/rental extractors make us look like magicians! They do remove dirt as seen by the brown/black dirty water they drain out of them. However it is just a light/topical cleaning not a deep flush/rinse like a TM unit can do.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Contemporary Carpet Clean said:
how about the custys that say if we can't get out a particular spot on their carpet when we clean it that they will try something on it themselves.....I love that one. Thats amazing! You mean to tell me that the custy has something more powerful and effective than what I have on the truck???! Then when I ask them what they might use if the spot doesn't come out....They reply I dunno...bleach maybe. I tell them NEVER EVER USE BLEACH TO CLEAN ANY CARPET OR FURNITURE!

The home/rental extractors make us look like magicians! They do remove dirt as seen by the brown/black dirty water they drain out of them. However it is just a light/topical cleaning not a deep flush/rinse like a TM unit can do.

Ya, then when it foams up and hides the spot they go "see, told ya..." I just tell them to wait a little while and it'l be back, that's happened a couple times.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom