Air dusting fine rugs?

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
What do you think about air-dusters versus the rug badger?

We have a local rug expert that boasts as being the only wash pit in 300 miles of this town. He also says he uses gentle air-dusting equipment instead of rug-beaters.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
You need a bloody big compressor for the air.

You also need a large efficient dust collector/vacuum type machine to collect all the airborne dust.

This also takes up a lot of room, dollars and uses a fair bit of electricity.

Having previously owned a Rugbadger, I would have no hesitation in buying another one if I was to go down that road.

I would also be looking at the newer centrifuge machines that Dusty has on offer for removing the excess water from the rugs.

You may want to do a search on the Rughub for Air Dusting of Rugs, there are quite a few posts.

Hope this helps.

Ooroo,

:roll:

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Air dusting does a teriffic job of removing the finest particulate, say river silt from a flood. It can be effective at removing heavier sand, but requires more time than does impact dusting to make this happen.

Beating a rug with a Badger does a teriffic job of removing heavier particulate, such as tracked in sand, does it relatively quickly and the dust is contained under the rug. Unless the rug has dry rot or has some other construction issue, 'beating' a rug doesn't do any harm.

Since fine particulate is more easily removed during the cleaning process than heavier particulate, and given the time required and the cost of the compressor needed to make air dusting work, most cleaners lean toward some type of impact dusting system.

Your local guy bought into the Auserehl system, including the myth that other methods must be bad. See if he's still a 'hang rugs soaking wet' believer.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Oh yes, I have been in his shop. He lifts the rug out of the bath and continues to hose it off while it is hung until the water is "almost drinkable", and then he leaves it soaking wet and hangs it over this big round hanging racks he has set up.

He just handed over a flood to us tonight. I just got home, realized tomorrow morning is payday and I don't have my hours in... Gonna have to book it back to the shop...

anyway, this was two story 15 room flood. The water traveled through the hvac system throughout the entire house. (Original source was dishwasher.)

The guy turned the flood over to us because he thought we were going to have to tear out everything. I guess he has never heard of an injecta-dry. Every room downstairs has at least two wet walls and a soaking wet ceiling, and every room upstairs has a few partially wet walls.

Nice guy though. (Unless he trys to solicit the carpet cleaning) :evil:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Man that's a good one!

Those can cause you some issues if a lot of water ran through the system.

If you run into an area that is having difficulty drying, it could be that water has settled into low spots in the trunk line. You'll need to tear out the drywall and open up the duct work to drain the water out.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Yup. The Flir will help with that too.

What makes this so sweet is that our competitor who responded first and started sucking the water spent the whole time telling them about how he didn't have the manpower to rip out every piece of sheetrock and completely re-rock, texture and paint the entire house. The owner was thinking the place was going to be out of commission for months. Now we get to look like the hero.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
thing that pisses me off is we bought ours when they first came out, long before I worked here. They spent thousands and thousands of dollars, and I see better ones around for five grand now. I think we have two. One really old one, and slightly newer one. They still work, but they don't have the same wow effect as the newer ones with the larger screens and the loads of features.

i was really impressed with the Auserehl system at nathan Kootes shop at summer fest.
we used the rug badger on this one rug like 4 or 5 times and then we dusted it and tons of dust still came out of it...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom