Air mover vs. Airpath

Supersucker

I have been using an air mover to force dry carpet. Thinking about going to 2 units for faster results.
I wanted to ask what are the specific advantages of the airpath over an air mover? Is it easier to carry, setup, move? Does it dry faster, larger area etc? Before you bought your Airpath were you using air movers?

Thanks for your input.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
All air movers have a purpose, but for drying a floor after cleaning, the AP will dry a larger area, faster, than multiple directional air movers.

It is bulkier than a directional air mover, but doesn't need to be constantly shifted, so requires less attention on the job site.

Farenheit251

I wish John Labarbera woulod kick someone in the ass and get the new mytee top down fan released. It was originally advertised as available late last summer. For an occasional user like myself the $200 price might be right. Really was hoping to see one in action before dropping over $1000 on two airpaths.

G

I almost bought a used airpath, but the dude changed his mind.

I haven't been able to find another used one for sale.

Dan Joner

What Bryan Said. Being able to dry in multiple directions is a huge plus. The efficiency and effectiveness of an AirPath makes it a valuable tool.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
BrianE said:
I wish John Labarbera woulod kick someone in the ass and get the new mytee top down fan released. It was originally advertised as available late last summer. For an occasional user like myself the $200 price might be right. Really was hoping to see one in action before dropping over $1000 on two airpaths.

First I am a Mytee Distributor and a Dri-Eaz Distributor. Mytee will not be able to duplicate the Airpath. The Louvre that makes it works is the thing that is protected. I have a Mini-Tradewind here and no way will it ever compare to an Airpath. Personally I would prefer Mytee not try knocking it off. It can only turn it BAD.

Rex Tyus

The Louvre that makes it works is the thing that is protected

That maybe, but after you take the Mytee home you can go to you local HVAC distributor and pick up an air diffuser to fit for abut $40 bucks.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
I actually use both styles of fan. The airpath dries more carpet are per minute, but when you set it on the carpet you just cleaned, you have to fight the dents it makes in the carpet. After removing the airpath from the carpet, I usually pull up on the carpet strands to help smooth it out, but not always 100%. I expect that it would slowly become unoticable with a little time. Also, the dents can still be wet, as can a small area right underneath the fan, depending upon how long it is left in one spot.

The other thing is that sometimes on longer pile carpet, the wind can make a circle pattern from where the fan sat, and that won't come out either, at least while on the job, without rewetting. So it is best to move it around a little so it doesn't completely dry with the nap in that pattern.

The Airpath is not as easy to pick up and move around, and you need to be careful if you have it on a wood floor and decide to pick it up by the handle. The edge will hit the floor and can cause some minor damage. Of course I have the old original style fan, and the new drieaz models may be better, I don't know.

I also use the turbo style fans for hall ways and when I don't want to set any thing back on the fresh cleaned carpet, depending on carpet style.

Loren

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
we have a couple of airpaths, second generation model

in most cases it doesn't work for the stairs/upholstery and I will still use an air mover in the hallways

other then that I concur with above statements

Spurling

Northerntool.com has a floor fan with 7,500 CFMs for $99.99 model #10289 and a fan model # 11409 with 8400 CFMs for $199.99 ..I wonder how that would compare to the Airpath. You would probably be able to bolt on some legs or casters. How many CFMs with the Airpath? While you're at it .. maybe mount a heater on top. (camping toaster type) (looks like a spring) Heat can be sucked in and blown out.. kinda like a super huge blow dryer..

Supersucker

Thanks Loren & Oz, just the type of info on operation & limitations I was looking for.
As for Mytee, I had figured that the louver was the key, but had also read about someone having serious quality issues with theirs. I also have a thing about buying knockoffs.
Spurling, I haven't looked up the items you reference, are they something that looks professional?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
BrianE said:

Trust me that one was a huge train wreck......and gave them a black mark..Listen to John Olson

Spurling

Matt ..it could look professional .. get rid of the stand and mount on some brackets , then snap in your stemmed casters.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Take a look at the difference just in the motors between an AP and other air movers (excepting the weak sister 2nd generation) and you'll see one of the reasons it works.

Also, it is pulling warmer air down from above to blow across the floor, something floor level intake air movers can't accomplish.

gary mackay

No comparison! I used snail movers, PF fans & when Airpaths sold for $499.00 I got a couple. Great for drying carpet ASAP & doing a total dusting under furnishings & beds!

DevilDog

Ok, you are going to get the REAL answer here. Not a bunch of bullshit.

First of all the Airpath is a good airmover, but not even close to what some of these guys say it is.

It will dry small areas fast! But that is it. You must move it a lot to get real fast dry times. Unless the conditions are perfect you are NOT going to dry a 10 by 10 room in 15 minutes, that is pure and simple B.S..

One of the negatives of the Airpath is that it stays in the middle of the room or in the room to where you have to go back in once the carpet is dry. That can be a pain in the ass. It also leaves marks from the wheels which you have to groom out or they can look like spots to the client.

It is a good airmover...but I probably would not buy one again.

The "regular' airmover is a better deal. If you know how to set them up properly they can dry a room FASTER than an Airpath. Do the test yourself.

Get two to three "regular" airmovers and you'll be much better off.

http://devildogtodd.wordpress.com/

DevilDog

Al

The air path is bulky and heavier to carry but It dries carpet much faster than snail type or even a Dri-Eaz Jet CX. That is fact, we have tested it many times. We have 2 of the older models and they get used everyday.
We carry them in early in the job so its ready to use as soon as the first room is finished or if it's a big room you can start it on one side while you finish cleaning.
They require moving around and grooming after use, we have a telescoping groom attached to the AP, makes grooming a piece of cake.

They don't dry a room in 15 minutes all the time, like Todd said but at times they do. Sometimes we have to add extra dry strokes and grooming or Time
to get them to our standards.

tim

AP is DEFINITELY better than ANY snail air mover. I carry 6 but usually only bring in 3. I also carry 1 snail to dry stairs or hallways as this is the one area they are superior to AP. PS- I would let go of a couple of my 1st generation APs. They dry well but the wheels dont align with the new style to stack in the van. Found that out AFTER I bought the new design

Chads

Supportive Member
I love my Airpath. I just bought a second one today, thanks John.
If you have to buy something from a credible person shop at Superior Solutions great people like I said thanks John Olson. :D

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Thanks Chad :) Always a pleasure talking with you. Have a great weekend and remember that is a weekly chore now that you know they are there. :)

Supersucker

AL:
Telescoping groomer, did you purchase this or make yourself. Good idea, I hate bringing the focker in.

Al

We bought the handles at the hardware store and ordered the groom heads from Hesco, we have a groom on each AP and one on the carry in bag.

100_2764.jpg

I wanted to cut down trips to the truck

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
airpath

Al,

That's a nice looking carry in bag. A lot better than a 5 gallon pale I've seen some guys use.

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
We use both the Air Path fans to dry the rooms, and the Sahara HP for hallways and stairways. They are both good fan's, however the AP dries rooms faster and without knocking near as much off the walls!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom