Airborne pollutants

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Here's the scenario:

This also is not besmirching the property in the photos as there are several hundred properties in the same situation.

This property is only listed as an example due to the photos of tiled floors similar to the property I was attending.

http://edgeapartments.net.au/photo-gallery.php

A two bedroom condo; with beige tiled floors, except for the carpeted bedrooms.

This is a block of approximately 95 units.

It is directly under the flight path of aeroplanes landing & taking off from Cairns International Airport.

The end of the strip is less than half a mile from the units.

Cleaning their sofa today, I got a bit of overspray on the clean tiled floor.

However, when I stepped on the overspray, it left a black shoeprint.

So we sprayed a bit more, and stepped on it.

Every where we did this, we left black prints.

I believe that this is mainly caused by the fumes from the engines as the 'planes fly overhead.

This lady is due to have a baby shortly.

What concerns should this family have, (healthwise), and how can this probelm best be addressed.

To gain more feedback, I will be posting this elsewhere and forwarding the replies to my client.

Thank you for your replies in advance.

Shortydownunder.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Shorty I think you'll need an industrial hygienist or other professional to get a real evaluation.

I do feel like there should be some concern, if there is residue on the floor the occupants of that condo have to be breathing it in. :shock:

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
The dirtiest houses in Seattle aren't the ones near the airport. The dirtiest houses are the ones right on the waterfront where they get clobbered by the diesel exhaust from working boats and ships. Semi-trucks are also tremendous soot generators.

Depends a bit on the prevailing winds.

It might be wise to filter the incoming air somehow, and if this is already done the system could stand a checkup.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Some have mentioned my shoes which I'd like to clarify.

It's not my shoes, I've been wearing Sketchers since last August/September with no reaction previously on either carpet or tile.

I even sprayed some product on a white towel, wiped my shoes and got no marking.

Where this is difficult is that we live in the tropics, this property has an open balcony/patio, and although they have double glazed windows for the noise, the timber shutters on the balconies are always open for the breeze.

The fact that they are within half a mile of the end of the landing strip, and directly under the flight path, is a concern which I will be raising with our local radio station next week.

One of the announcers on a talk back show also lives in the same proximity as do these people and he has often spoken about the "dust" that is in his house every day.

This MAY prompt someone to take notice and do some testing.

Up here in the sticks, it's hard to find someone with the testing equipment within 1,200 miles, (state capital).

Thanks,

Shortestwun.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom