airpath and customers perception

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I was wondering how much using an airpath has improved the overall satisfaction of the cleaning job. have you gotten a referral just because you use it?? if your the type that thinks the customers perception is way better because you use a vortex you may not likely be the best person to comment, what I am looking for is real world feedback from customers as a result of using it on the job, we as cleaners see a clear benefit, I am just wondering if this is making it to the customer

I find that they are impressed with the machine. I always build it up also with a pitch. Takes the hot air and sends it out 360 degrees over the top of the carpet. I do not want to clean carpets without it. Watch out for the cord attachment at motor. Was pushing mine on the wheels to the next area, I pushed to far,I ran out of cord, the cord tightened but stayed plugged into the wall, snapped the switch off the airpath. Be careful not to do that. Its always better when you break something, then your employee. I love my airpath. Ron

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Faster than a snail. (Get it?)

I think the cumulative effect of everthing that sets you apart helps your image.

STOP GLOBAL COOLING!

steve g said:
I was wondering how much using an airpath has improved the overall satisfaction of the cleaning job. have you gotten a referral just because you use it?? if your the type that thinks the customers perception is way better because you use a vortex you may not likely be the best person to comment, what I am looking for is real world feedback from customers as a result of using it on the job, we as cleaners see a clear benefit, I am just wondering if this is making it to the customer

What Steve is asking.............

If your a BDCC and run a POS Bridgepoint TM has help your image ?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
doesn't matter if it's an Airpath, axial fan or ole school airmover, all will set you apart from pack if you use them on the jobs

..L.T.A.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Bill Soukoreff said:
I have one in my truck but the customer never comes out to see it. :?

lol

I have one at the supply store, but the custy never asked to see it.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Carpet Cleaning Fool said:
YOu might be a hack if you don't bust out the Studebaker's and air movers at least once a day. :lol:

The spirit is eager but the flesh is weak. :oops:

My dry times are so good right now, I just bring out the Studebaker on wool jobs or late afternoon jobs. Most of my customers would not know the difference, as the carpets are dry when they get home after work.

More and more, they just leave me a key and a cheque and I do my thing. Those are the best customers.

TimP

It seems hardly anyone is using them.

I'm still on the fence about them. I guess I need a super good deal to motivate me to get them. But until it seems they do as advertised I'm not so sure I'll be in any rush. I'd like to hear about how dry times compare to using them vs not. And compared to regular air movers. I haven't been able to find too much about that by searching.

davep105

Name
Dave Pires
I got mine about 5 months ago and I love it. Customers are always commenting on it. Anything that can make you stand out is a good thing.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
TimP said:
It seems hardly anyone is using them.

I'm still on the fence about them. I guess I need a super good deal to motivate me to get them. But until it seems they do as advertised I'm not so sure I'll be in any rush. I'd like to hear about how dry times compare to using them vs not. And compared to regular air movers. I haven't been able to find too much about that by searching.

IMO you really need to set at least 2 of them on a typical job, figuring 15 mins a room this allows them to run for about 30 mins in each room. done this way you should be able to have the carpet dry by the time you leave. they help big time drying rooms, however my experience is the area up to about 6 ft away from the area path drys very fast, for best results they work best moving them a bit, keep in mind I do use alot of prespray. my dry times without it are 4-6 hrs depending on if they have a ceiling fan or not.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
steve g said:
TimP said:
my dry times without it are 4-6 hrs depending on if they have a ceiling fan or not.

Steve, don't you understand that "dry" around here means "no water dripping off my hand when I touch the carpet" ??

Never mind that that base of fiber and backing is still damp, it's still "dry"..don't you get it?

don't you know that?
get with the program, Son!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

..L.T.A.

TimP

meAt said:
steve g said:
TimP said:
my dry times without it are 4-6 hrs depending on if they have a ceiling fan or not.

Steve, don't you understand that "dry" around here means "no water dripping off my hand when I touch the carpet" ??

Never mind that that base of fiber and backing is still damp, it's still "dry"..don't you get it?

don't you know that?

..L.T.A.

Going by the definition above for dry times "no water on your hand when touching the carpet"

Just doing a 1 pass rinse and no dry strokes is enough to do that for me.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
To me "dry" is when you can tell your customer to place that antique chest back on the carpet with no fear of furniture stain bleeding.

Even the occasional time I do low moisture cleaning for someone who really wants it, I still tell them to wait until the next day to put any furniture with wooden legs back on the carpet. Doesn't take much moisture to have a problem. Heck, even a damp basement around here causing a lot of problems.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
meAt said:
steve g said:
TimP said:

don't you know that?

..L.T.A.

Going by the definition above for dry times "no water on your hand when touching the carpet"

Just doing a 1 pass rinse and no dry strokes is enough to do that for me.[/quote]

WTF you talking about backing wet...

only a hack dows that

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
floorguy said:
WTF you talking about backing wet...

Doug, part the fibers and look at that white stuff the fiber bundle is poked into.
What's that called?

if you're thoroughly pre-spraying and flushing the fiber thoroughly to the base...guess what?
that "white stuff" gets wet too.
The cheaper/less dense the pile, the wetter that "white stuff" will get

some of these cowboys blowing 600-700+ psi and claim "dry" in a couple hours without airmovers , could go back a couple DAYS latter and poke around into that "white stuff" with a moisture and it will go BEEEEEEEP

But hey, they can call it dry if they want, but me and God know better....

..l.T.A,

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
floorguy said:

[/quote]

me too, especially on cut pile olie/poly

BTW, that's a real live answer I got from some schlep after I pinned him down to his version of "dry"
Others are;
when my pants knee doesn't get wet when saying a prayer the cherry stain doesn't bleed off

Another is the "toilet paper" test where they touch the top of the fiber.
If it doesn't turn to mush..it's "dry"

and one of my favorites..."it's dry when the custy thinks it's dry"

(ring ring)
"Hello, this is Dry or I'm a Lie Cleaners"
You what? You have lots of foot prints on plush cut pile you never noticed til after we left?
Oh, that's normal. Just vac them out tomorrow afternoon when it's dry....er..I mean....when it should be vacced"

3 days latter
(Ring ring)
"Hello, Dry 'n lie
What's that?...You have an odor from under 9x12 area rug you put down on the family room carpet we cleaned?
You put it down right after we left?
You shouldn't of done that Ma'am.

Yes Ma'am, we do advertise one hour dry times.
No Ma'am, that doesn't mean it's "that" dry where you can cover it with another large covering.

It's means it's just not soaked .

Your kids what?
Got flu like symptoms??...a bacterial infection you say?
I have an important call coming in, ma'am, let me call you back.....click

..L.T.A.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
meAt said:
floorguy said:

me too, especially on cut pile olie/poly

BTW, that's a real live answer I got from some schlep after I pinned him down to his version of "dry"
Others are;
when my pants knee doesn't get wet when saying a prayer the cherry stain doesn't bleed off

Another is the "toilet paper" test where they touch the top of the fiber.
If it doesn't turn to mush..it's "dry"

and one of my favorites..."it's dry when the custy thinks it's dry"

(ring ring)
"Hello, this is Dry or I'm a Lie Cleaners"
You what? You have lots of foot prints on plush cut pile you never noticed til after we left?
Oh, that's normal. Just vac them out tomorrow afternoon when it's dry....er..I mean....when it should be vacced"

3 days latter
(Ring ring)
"Hello, Dry 'n lie
What's that?...You have an odor from under 9x12 area rug you put down on the family room carpet we cleaned?
You put it down right after we left?
You shouldn't of done that Ma'am.

Yes Ma'am, we do advertise one hour dry times.
No Ma'am, that doesn't mean it's "that" dry where you can cover it with another large covering.

It's means it's just not soaked .

Your kids what?
Got flu like symptoms??...a bacterial infection you say?
I have an important call coming in, ma'am, let me call you back.....click

..L.T.A.[/quote]

Back up the pony....it miss quoted me there....stupid "only 3 quote tags allowed" or what ever it says...

I do my dry strokes

and i was being funny on the backing thing.....I know what it is :x :x :x :x

TimP

Ok. How many of you guys are leaving the carpet completely dry with these airpaths. What wand are you using and what area of the country do you work in. How do they compare to snail air movers? Are you able to charge more for your work?

An inquireing mind wants to know.

I can never get any decent honest answers. :eek:

G

Any air movement helps,I used to aim my air movers at the ceiling years ago,better air movement,the airpath or any downdraft work better in open areas to get the best results,but again,the key is just getting air movement.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I use my Airpath 85% of the jobs I do. I run the El Diablo set at 240 degrees, and running 2.5" hoses and a 10 flow 14" Greenhorn. I never say it's dry by the time I leave, but I have been accused of not cleaning the first room at all.....(even though it was clean and you could see the wand marks...eerrrr groom marks) It was actually DRY by the time I finished the rest of the house. (Custy wanted me to clean it so He can see it)

It helps to make those claims if we are talking about a fairly large house.

In my opinion two Airpaths are ideal to use on a normal residential home, but one can do a good job. It gives a great head start on the drying process...or whatever...

I always get a conversation spark up about the Airpath. People want to know "what is that", "why do you use that", "my other carpet cleaners never used anything like that", and then at he end "wow this doesn't feel wet at all"!!

I think it's great that people notice you standing out like that and they always comment on how they "will call us back for sure". :D

My experience with Airpath,

Zee

The Great Oz

Name
bryan

Anything you do to let the customer know that you understand and care about her concern about dry time is worthwhile to her. Using the best product you can to actually back up your word should be worthwhile to you.

We promote this giant fan (first generation) as something that makes our service a better value, and Studebaker made a big enough label for it so the customer has to be able to see it as a specialized piece of equipment. Do a search for the results of our testing, but the short version is that we bought 17 of them (at the original's price) and removed the snail airmovers from our trucks.

As for referrals, I would hope faster drying might be part of the reason, but I can't imagine too many customers would recommend us based on a piece of equipment.

Rex Tyus

Airpaths work well. But they are a pain in the ass. They can cause as much irritation as good will. They blow shit out from under beds, the dust bunnies off the walls, picture frames, doll collections.....We won't even talk about the noise complaints. :evil:

I have two. There are times when I am glad they are available. But if I had it to do over I would have passed on the purchase.

I do not use mine for general residential cleaning anymore. What is that term Marty refers to?.....Carpet cleaning masterbation or something to that affect.

Mike Draper

Zalan Szabo (zee) said:
I use my Airpath 85% of the jobs I do. I run the El Diablo set at 240 degrees, and running 2.5" hoses and a 10 flow 14" Greenhorn. I never say it's dry by the time I leave, but I have been accused of not cleaning the first room at all.....(even though it was clean and you could see the wand marks...eerrrr groom marks) It was actually DRY by the time I finished the rest of the house. (Custy wanted me to clean it so He can see it)

It helps to make those claims if we are talking about a fairly large house.

In my opinion two Airpaths are ideal to use on a normal residential home, but one can do a good job. It gives a great head start on the drying process...or whatever...

I always get a conversation spark up about the Airpath. People want to know "what is that", "why do you use that", "my other carpet cleaners never used anything like that", and then at he end "wow this doesn't feel wet at all"!!

I think it's great that people notice you standing out like that and they always comment on how they "will call us back for sure". :D

My experience with Airpath,

Zee

Pretty much the same setup for me to, except I'm running a butler with the larger blower. I have 3 studebakers and use them on 9 out of 10 residential jobs. They make me more money than the hack's without them, why else would I want to lug around 3, 50 pound fans back and forth, up and down stairs all day. If you don't use them, and the carpet cleaner next door to the house you are cleaning does.......................guess who will get more referrals?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
The Great Oz said:
and Studebaker made a big enough label for it so the customer has to be able to see it as a specialized piece of equipment.

that's a good move
cause pret' near everyone out here in farm country knows what they started life as...

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom