algae in fresh water tank

G

heres one. two years ago i had a problem with algae in my fresh water tank i have the 100 gallon whiteplastic one with the shelf for the 6 gallon jugs and on each corner you can undo the big black covers to fill up they also have these red inserts in the caps. could not figure it out kept getting algae cleaned eveything .then i said maybe because i have it locked up tight with the caps on and the red inserts in them it was getting to hot and no ventalation so i took out both red inserts and never had a nother problem untill this morning filling up and there i see algae starting again has anybody had this problem before and can any one help. and no im not gonna put any feeder fish in the tank. thanks scott

TimP

Re: algae

i can't see in mine....it has been almost 2 years. Maybe i should dump it? :?:

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas

Must be your water. Mine is 15 years old and have never seen algae.
Sometimes a slight bit of settlement on the horizontal surfaces inside but never algae.
I do however only fill off my water softener.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott

if its 100 gal or so put a 1/2 cup bleach in the water it will kill the alge and wont mess with your cleaning.

Greenie

Had a similar issue with the 20 gal swamp cooler in the shop, was smelling a little musty, poured 2 oz. of Quat-a-lot in and ran the pump, turned it off for the night....next day...no odor, no funk, probbaly cost $1.50

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom