All my jets clogging!

I have a prochem titanium wand and an RX20, both units my jets are continuously clogging which seems to have an impact on getting hot water through my line to the units.

I am using a pro chem apex truck mount...what could be the cause of this clogging... Thanks!

Mike

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
crud in the lines.

try this and see if it helps

plug an empty quick disconnect (QD) into the sol line that hooks to tool
stick in the vac hose and flush the line for 30 to 40 seconds, then hook it to the tool.

Do that every time at start up.

If you work alone, stick the sol line in vac hose and open the ball valve.
Go start the TM, and turn on the pump.
By the time you get into the house, the line will already be flushed

Cool down the sol temps before shutting down.
Never shut down with max temp in sol lines and TM plumbing

see if those measures don't remedy the balk of you probs

also check the strainer in the wand.
(It's between the QD and wand valve)
It may be blown out

..L.T.A.

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
What are you running thru your system? Some emulsifiers are crap (CTI's Efficient Extract) & will cause clogging.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Could be the Goodyear hose, and it could be scale, but another thing to consider is looking at anything down line from your pump that has o-rings in it. If an o-ring is coming apart, it lets loose tiny bits of black rubber. Are you finding black bits in your jets, or is it light colored debris?

admiralclean said:
Could be the Goodyear hose, and it could be scale, but another thing to consider is looking at anything down line from your pump that has o-rings in it. If an o-ring is coming apart, it lets loose tiny bits of black rubber. Are you finding black bits in your jets, or is it light colored debris?

light colored debris

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
If its white & powdery then its probably an emulsifier, is it on the end of the quick connects as well? If that's the case then descaling & running an acid rinse for a week should clean things up.

At the end of your job you should turn off your chemical feed & flush your lines while you are cooling down your TM? Most guys don't & thus clog their system.

Switching emulsifiers is something you should consider, against my better judgment I tried CTI's Efficient Extract & after half a jug my system was totally clogged, it required descaling :evil:

Its another reason to use Judsons rinse!

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Hey Mike,
Give me a call and maybe I can take a look at your machine and help you descale it.
I am in Laguna Niguel.

Zalan

I am not a mechanic but have been using carpet cleaning machines for almost ten years..
720-226-5201 or pm me here.

John Watson

If you don't stir your powders while mixing, they don't always desolve...

Evidently you have no filters or screens in your pressure supply side for that stuff to plug your jets..

Ok so i took apart every line on my truck mount today and inside every disconnect there was a nasty buildup of white residue. Its working now, but i guess next step is possibly switching chemicals and descale!

thanks for all the help

Mike

Name
Shawn Forsythe
It would be nice too see manufacturers who are switching out their Sodium Tripolyphosphate for soda ash, to disclose it openly.

With the substantial increase in cost of STPP, we'll all be hearing about jet clogging and difficulty mixing (dissolving) chemicals, as more switch to the lesser cost alternative to "stay competitive".

In my opinion, those that turn to soda ash (sodium Carbonate) will actually become less competitive when the backlash in less sales starts to hit them.

I hear that some companies are contemplating an "old coke/new coke" scheme, by which two disparate types of the "same" product will be available, one using soda ash as an alkaline builder, and the more expensive/older product still using STPP.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom