All of you Dry When We Leave Guys..

Mikey P

Administrator
Do you tell them they can put back:

The plastic chair runner?..

The 42 year old, hand tied, dark red wool rug on the living room carpet?..

The 57 year old Cherry foot locker?..

The 68 pound potted palm tree?..

as soon aas you're pulling out of the drive way?

Liars.

Name
I'm Rick James
I offer to put some stuff back for them if they are older, using blocks and tabs. If they have crap stuffed in the kitchen I help put it back for them, but still use blocks and tabs. This job is all about customer service. I never tell them your carpet is 100% dry.

I always tell them they can start moving stuff back like you mentioned the next day just if they dont want it moved back now to cover my A**. I talk to them about what they should do to help dry the carpet ALL the way when I leave. I use dry strokes and air movers to getting it so its not wet but it still wont be 100% dry. Customers know that. I just like the carpet to have a drier feel to it when I leave vs not using drying options.

If people are saying that there carpet is 100% dry by the time they leave is misleading the client. IMHO.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
"Its going to feel dry when we leave but you should not put anything back down for another 6 hours.'

That has always worked well.

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
I tell my dry to touch times is 3-4 hrs but should wait at least 8 before moving heavy furniture back.

If I move furniture I always block.

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
We return the following day to remove blocks and tabs .

But on the inspection prior to the cleaning .I fully inform them of all I see that could be a situation.The one nice thing about pre inspections is you can see the rooms as they are. An you can alert the client as needed. But honestly as you may have read previously over the yrs.I clean with 300-350 psi max and always take dozens of extra drying strokes .Filter bags are dumped on the hour and fans and dryers are every where.

An with the King Butler type mod I made. Cfms are much higher. But honestly a very good point...But with every steam pass at least 2 vacuum passes,4-6 for wall to wall wool.Yes it takes longer to clean,but I strive for perfection as as best possible.Hope this answers your question?

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
As a very minor aside to this question.......................

How does your client know when the carpet is dry??

If they just touch and it feels dry, is that okay ?

If they do the above, how do you tell them how to feel the carpet ??

Most people wish just put their hand straight down onto the carpet, and say something like, "yeah, it feels dry".

But if they turn their hand over and feel the carpet with the back of their hand it's a different story.

"Bloody hell, it's still wet".

This is because we use the front of our fingers for everything, such as typing this now, this causes our fingers to not be as sensitive as the back of them.

Hence we get a more accurate feeling with the back of our fingers as to whether it is dry or not.

Just thought I would throw it in to cop some flack. :lol:

Oh yeah, 3-4 hours, depending on carpet and conditions.

Ooroo :roll:

Cousin

Given our high amount of wool in Aus and Godzone, we also have to contend with moisture regain.

Wool normally contains around 13% moisture, at 60% relative humidity.

When we clean it, this can increase to 25 to maximum 30% moisture.

And it will then take approx 48 hours to return to 13% moisture regain.

So some pieces of furniture (that the client is to put back) that may have metal buttons under the legs, either has to stay off for 36 to 48 hours, or be tabbed.

And personally, if the client moves it, they put it back. But we check it to see if any furniture could be a problem, and advise them.

If we move it, we put it back and tab or block anything that will cause a problem.

Must say, though, it does seem to becoming less of a problem with newer furniture.

M

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I would usually recommend waiting til the following morning, but would feel perfectly comforfortable replacing furniture on some carpets after 3 hours and I don't use fans. Thats how dry I leave it.

By the way, if you can't replace the furniture without blocking and padding, then it wouldn't be dry enough to walk on with shoes. So, it makes no difference. It's just a smokescreen.

Cousin

Doug Cox said:
By the way, if you can't replace the furniture without blocking and padding, then it wouldn't be dry enough to walk on with shoes. So, it makes no difference. It's just a smokescreen.

Clean shoes should be ok to walk on the carpet in, eh Doug?

M

TimP

Clean shoes are fine. Main concern with the customer walking on wet carpet is slip and fall. Resoil is a concern going in and out.

The reason you block and tab is to prevent damage to furniture and the carpet. From staining from wood, rust from metal, swelling for furniture.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I may leave them some tabs if their in a hurry to put it back. Carpets stay damp a lot longer then most will admit. Walk barefooted in your own house after you clean them and see. Or take out a thick sweater from the washing machine and put it on the floor. Like bs CD advertisement, a lot more have got on board. But at least dry the same day is better then 2 or 3 :lol:

Albert

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom