all the fuss over pre-vacuuming

Mikey P

Administrator
didn't your first girl friend teach you that it's not the size of the tool but how you use it?

Or maybe you couldn't understand her with the the ball gag and all.

Seeing how you use a lameO Oreck I dont know how you can tell if you're getting dirt out or not.

I demand my crews use a Clear Cup design so that we can stop if nothing is coming out.

R

R W

Aye, Terry. With the economy sucking so bad, no pre-vaccing should be needed!!

I can see my local competitors, including SS and the multi-truck companies, really dropping their prices this spring to like "whole house" cleaning under $100. If they even do it, pre-vaccing would be the first service to go. And I don't think any of them pre-vac, unless absolutely needed.

Mikey P

Administrator
Ya sure, you betcha.

I only work for one Property Manager.
She has some 800 units.
She uses us and one other guy who cleans for .25.
We charge her .30 and do selective Pre Vacuuming. We bump up the pre spray and only Dob if absolutely needed.. Purple Powered more than not.
No grooming.

She has had our .60 service and while it's appreciated, her clients wont pay it so I created a special Snow Job package just for her.

With the Power Of The Vortex we are able to maintain a $200+ an hour average.

Mikey P

Administrator
The Oreck is well made but the size of the fan really limits it's suckmopability, not too mention those grossly over filtered multi ply paper bags and 1/4 inch thick outer bag.

admit that you got yours for free and you have not figured out how to build you own yet.

yet.

Walt

I will admit that sometimes it's a waste of time because they have done such a nice job of it. But most of the time I am surprised about how much I can get out of a "vacuumed" carpet.

Though, my prices are in the middle bracket, I always try to provide the best service for the money. Which means I frequently scrub the traffic areas and occasionally post pad. I rarely charge more for these services even though it takes me longer. Word of mouth advertising is strong and I feel good about what I do.

I'm certain that I'm not making the kind of money some on this board are (or are claiming). But I have enough money for a decent home, nice gear, vacation once or twice a year, and a little savings - so I am not complaining.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
IMG_1346.jpg

..L.T.A.

Nice looks like one of the vacs of the head housekeeper at one of our accounts after she done or one of the ones I do.

nice hair...yuck

Steven Hoodlebrink said:
Speaking of hair. I'm not racist, but has any of you vacuumed a person of colors house. With all their weaves and fake hair, and their teen boys picking their fros ? That fake horse hair will jack a vacuum up QUICK! And it always seems to get inter-twined in the fibers. I'd always take a fine brissel groomer and get the hair to ball up first.
Hair pins and little rubber bands suck...actually clog.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
C Pennington said:
[quote="Steven Hoodlebrink":1hoc3qgh]Speaking of hair. I'm not racist, but has any of you vacuumed a person of colors house. With all their weaves and fake hair, and their teen boys picking their fros ? That fake horse hair will jack a vacuum up QUICK! And it always seems to get inter-twined in the fibers. I'd always take a fine brissel groomer and get the hair to ball up first.
Hair pins and little rubber bands suck...actually clog.[/quote:1hoc3qgh]

and the oils.............

Name
Eric Valentine
ODIN said:
I have to admit when the customer or cleaing lady does a good job of pre vacuuming I am not going to back over with my vacuum it's just a fooking waste of time
Only if their vacuum is working correctly, and not a total POS

I sure you all pre vacuum in a empty house that has already been vacuumed by the cleaning crew.
I haven't seen a cleaning lady or crew around here yet that vacuums correctly. Most would do better with a broom and dustpan, as they would remove more

most of the vacuums you guys use are the same ones the customer uses anyway
Most of the vacuums I see in a customer's house are ill-maintained pieces of crap that cost 3 times more than my Bissell

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
C Pennington said:
Nice looks like one of the vacs of the head housekeeper at one of our accounts

That's the Bissel Momentum Cyclone.
been using them for awhile now

as the Powerforce models we use in the sec 8's croak, they'll get replaced with Momentums.
No filters to monkey with after every job like the PF models.
(No filters to speak of anyway that fill up fast like the PF models)

..L.T.A.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Stupid comments such as that deprive subjects such as this of the seriousness they naturally deserve. If danny discounts prevacuuming in the way his comment suggests, then I can't see how any of us can possibly take him seriously as a professional cleaner.

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
Re: all the fuss over pre-vacuuming...Best Vac Store..

we sell Oreck's at our store and i won't sell them...what a pile...

the brushroll is worthless....not aggressive

do you know why Oreck is called the hotel vacuum?...it works ok on commerical carpet becuase the brushroll is so soft...go dump a bag of dirt on commercial carpet with some cereal or something and do it on some frize....watch the difference....Oreck is a good vacuum huh?...If you wanna be an 80 year old lady and use a lightweight vacuum then buy a Riccar Superlite or a Royal Lightweight....ditch the Oreck....Aren't we freakin men?...get a vacuum that weighs the same as ur wand at least....haha....

I love people with Oreck's....Ohhh I just Lovvvve my Oreck...it is freakin 2 pounds...of course u like to push it...are u getting any dirt of the carpet m'am??...getting absolutely nooo pet hair with an Oreck on residential carpet

Vacuums are just like cleaning methods/equipment...different vacuums made for all different carpet/situations...I wish my dad would let me take a differnent vac out on every cleaning job but hes too cheap

later sk8rs..

jordan

Riccar is my favorite vaccum brand...quality carpet...stucky i'm in the market for 2 or 3 riccars...pm me

Greenie

Damn MeAt, that was the last achilles heel of teh $49 bissel....the filters. Remove those and it's a perfect tool.

Let me guess...Wal*Mart?

I'll have to get one.

Chads

Supportive Member
Terry your freaking wrong about your vac I have two of them and Oreck vacs are crap I thought that I was doing a decent job when I had one then went and got a bissel three days berfore I had vac the whole house my own house , then bought the new bissel and kid you not that I filled the dirt cup six times with all the crap that came out of my carpet I couldnt believe what a big diservice I was doing for my custys. That was such a big difference that I now check all my custys vacs to see which type of vac they have and will show them the difference that 49 dollars can do for ya. and before you ask I took the orecks apart to see if there was things wrong with them its not really the vac problems as it is the brush problem. And oh yeah those orecks vac always stink so bad after a little while of use because the way they vent there air and particles get past the bags and stuck in the mesh bag so you have to constanly clean them to such a pita and yeah I parked my sanitare to it just dosent perform up to my Bissel. So do yourself a favor and buy you a Bissel for Christmas.

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
Thank you very much. I use Von Schrader just as much as you guys use OP and I use my OP on occasion too. I ALWAYS HWE carpet.

In the words of Doug Heiferman. You fools that think you have a big super sucker truck mount and don't have to vacuum....your "friggin" idiots...stupid....it's just science to me....

i'm done arguing though...

Greenie

My porty guys, give the least amount of resistance to adding a pre-vac step, they are taking every angle possible to gain an advantage, a humbleness that turns out making them better cleaners.....like Marty.

They also prescrub more jobs too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom