all the fuss over pre-vacuuming

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
Thank you Greenie....Pre-agitate that baby. Should do most of the cleaning and just rinse...

Just scrub a crap load of foam down for your pre-spray and rinse that stuff away...Good to go...

Greenie

Jason, you are confused as I was, You must have a turbocat turbine vacuum like I had, I had one or two or three of those, they work well, but seriously, with it's 1" intake reduction and non-adjustable brush roll, it didn't work any better than a $49 bissel, and aren't very durable when used with a PD blower...probably fine on a porty.

Hours on your TM and burnt fuel to "vacuum" dry soil, just doesn't make sense, nor does pulling hose to vacuum, when a cheap suckmop will do the job just fine.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I tell my clients not to vacuum before I get there, that its part of my service. And I tell them on the phone that if they do vacuum, that I'll be going over it again. I've been in too many homes where I extracted a ton of soil after the client vacuumed. They can't believe it. I don't comment on their vacuuming skills. I tell them there is no way to know it was still in the carpet because most use a bag vac. Useless pos's.

already prevac'd, one room and hall
DustpileIMG_0053.jpg

DustpileIMG_0048.jpg

12sf of hallway, already prevacd
08-09-29Vacuuming1.jpg

one of 2 cannisters from a average LR, homeowner vacuumed it as well. The white stuff is carpet deodourizer powder. You won't even know its there with a bad vac.
08-09-13carpetrelated026.jpg

how many would you like me to post?

hogjowl

Idiot™
If you're not servicing their vacuum and giving them professional coaching on their vacuuming skills, then you are leaving the job half done.

DRScrivner

Greenie said:
My porty guys, give the least amount of resistance to adding a pre-vac step, they are taking every angle possible to gain an advantage, a humbleness that turns out making them better cleaners.....like Marty.

They also prescrub more jobs too.
BINGO......RIGHT ON the money. Greenie wins the prize.

Pre-Inspect, Pre-Educate Client, Pre-Vac, Pre-Scrub, Extract, Protect, Groom, Airpath, Collect check.

R

rotovacguy

Same here, Del.

I will say in defense of the Oreck, it's nowhere near a pile of crap as a Dyson. I really don't see what the big deal is with those things. I own 2 purebred Chow Chows, if you don't know what they look like, just think HAIR!! When they are blowing their coats, I will vacuum twice a day. When I owned the Dyson, all of the hair would wrap around the brush, rendering it useless. At least the Oreck whipped that crap up into the bag. Downside to the Oreck is, no attachments, and the thing was going through belts like crazy. Someone on here said it needs a new brush, I hate to spend the money on a brush if that's not the fix.

So after selling the POS Dyson on ebay, and watching the Oreck gather dust, I switched over to a Bissell Pet Hair vac. Pretty cool, it has all the attachments, plenty of power, and the hair goes into the cup, not around the brushes.

Grant D

My Amway POS is almost as worthless as my Oreck POS, both are going to Goodwill.

If the sanitaire's had better filtration with the dirt cup I'd get one of those but all the fine dirt just shoots right through the outer bag. Go stand in front of a window with the sun coming in.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
IS your's the Cleartrak or CMS 1000 from Amway?
The CMS is crap. Most people don't pay attention enough to the clog spots, and then they burn out the motors.

AS for servicing peoples vacuums, I don't want to be vacuum expert repairman, but I can be an expert in how to use it and what to watch for.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Jason Whaley said:
I dont use the cheap vacs mine is my truckmount and there is no way they r getting what my TM pulls out!
Greenie said:
Jason, you are confused as I was, You must have a turbocat turbine vacuum like I had, I had one or two or three of those, they work well, but seriously, with it's 1" intake reduction and non-adjustable brush roll, it didn't work any better than a $49 bissel, and aren't very durable when used with a PD blower...probably fine on a porty.

Hours on your TM and burnt fuel to "vacuum" dry soil, just doesn't make sense, nor does pulling hose to vacuum, when a cheap suckmop will do the job just fine.

In a pinch I will use my Bissell like in the pic... I don't like to use my TM much to vacuum but once and a while I'll get caught with my filters all nasty... Nice thing about it is you can use the accessory hose to catch the edges. Bissell $49 and the turbocat is like $110 or more...

002-1.jpg

Grant D

It's a ClearTrack, but it's early 90's vintage. I replaced all the seals, brush roll, etc. and it picks up, but not too impressive and not very fast. Probably just an old vac that's seen better days, I'll take your word for it that they make better ones now. This one also doesn't edge clean on either side and has the blind spot for the belt in the middle.

I should get one of these bissels to keep around.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I hate bagless vacuums. I use a Sears Model that uses hepa bags and has lights to show your picking up dirt. Sucks like a two dollar whore. My home model needs the bag changed about twice per year. And no it doesn't lose suction with a partly dirty bag. I guarantee none of you blowhards could get an ounce of dirt out of 4 rooms in my house. I don't know how Marty can service customers vacuums. Most of my customers hide their cheapass filthy vacuums.

Greenie

KevinL said:
... And no it doesn't lose suction with a partly dirty bag.

Kevin, I think by definition, it has to, the bag serves as a fine particulate filter, when a bag is 25% full you already have loads of fine matter impregnated in the walls of the bag.

The modern dust cups have a last stage Hepa, but even still the unltra fine dust never bothered me, as long as 99% was captured.

Rex Tyus

I have never really noticed a significant diverence from bag to bagless. The bag is just more convenient to me. So I converted the Sanitare to the bag, the royal and Eureka commercial were always bagged.

I think some people are more impressed with the bagless versions because all that whirling about keeps things FLUFFED so it looks like it is getting more stuff.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Mikey P said:
didn't your first girl friend teach you that it's not the size of the tool but how you use it?

Or maybe you couldn't understand her with the the ball gag and all.

Seeing how you use a lameO Oreck I dont know how you can tell if you're getting dirt out or not.

I demand my crews use a Clear Cup design so that we can stop if nothing is coming out.

Where do I find this sanitaire?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom