All this talk about rotary extractors, few questions...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Been thinking about moving to a bigger RE as I use it a lot
Russ, you're already out cleaning your competition with the 360i, wear that one out first before you move to a bigger unit.

The larger ones do cover more sq/ft and have more weight but why lose money on the trade. I'd use it another year or two then sell it to help cover the move up to a larger RE.

Reactions: Russ T.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I think you're on the money Richard. The way we are growing, I may want it for truck #2 next Summer.

It's a great little machine. It's amazing what it has done for the finished product we are putting out.

Maybe I'll find a decent deal on the quad head for it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The bigger will be better but not amazingly better. You're already doing a great job with that machine.

I agree, hang to it until you need it for that second unit.

Reactions: Russ T.
Name
Marcus
Generally speaking, those using a rotary tool, how much more water are you using on an avg. job compared to an avg. flow wand? Can you do two avg sized homes(4-5 rooms, stairs,hall) without dumping?

If cleaning a normal/avg. sized room, how much longer will the rotary take. There are still areas the roto won't get, right?

On carpets that are not installed correct(power stretched), do you see more ripples/bubbles after cleaning from using more flow/water?

Why would I/you use a rotary on lightly soiled carpet?
You might look into the zipper..it is sold up in michigan..
I have one and my rx20 sits...also my wand is very rarely if ever used...
Easier on the back......one pass cleaning in most cases
But if you want an rx 20 mine is for sale with glides cheap??
Cap

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Ya cap I might sell my rx20 to with glides cheap, but I'll stick with my siz jet ti wand
over the zipper I demoed for a month, I have a 12 flow wand compared to a 10 flow zipper.

I can see the zipper speeding thing up in wide open spaces but its not as easy even with a belt strap dealing with the hose's, dry times are decent. I see a lot of guys with #5 and #6 blowers loving these things.

I pulled this rat of this unit

I can see if you hunch over a wand and use your back and not your legs this would be better, but I stand straight up while wanding for the most part. No Quasimodo here.

Not the easiest tool for residential and I do 95 to 97 % residential cleaning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Name
Marcus
Ya cap I might sell my rx20 to with glides cheap, but I'll stick with my siz jet ti wand
over the zipper I demoed for a month, I have a 12 flow wand compared to a 10 flow zipper.

I can see the zipper speeding thing up in wide open spaces but its not as easy even with a belt strap dealing with the hose's, dry times are decent. I see a lot of guys with #5 and #6 blowers loving these things.

I pulled this rat of this unit

I can see if you hunch over a wand and use your back and not your legs this would be better, but I stand straight up while wanding for the most part. No Quasimodo here.

Not the easiest tool for residential and I do 95 to 97 % residential cleaning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Sorry the zipper didn't work out for you....it may take a little adjusting on residential...but with little or no dry strokes
It kinda works out about the same and it does dry quicker......I have 2 pro hems 11 inch and ti wand.....
Just can't get the dry time on my wands...and had to put it down for a pinched nerve in my neck...
After the zipper no more pinched nerve in 6 months..
But it is absolutely the bomb on commercial...

Last edited:
Reactions: SamIam

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom