Almost working for free

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
So I did a $200 minimum jobber this morning. The customer paid cash and $50 card. When I got home and reached into my pocket for the cash, it was gone. Searched my van with no luck.

Bopped on my motorcycle and sped back to the job-site. Realtors were there showing the house. On the ground in front of the garage was my moola. I got lucky.
8BC4DC00-44DC-4B28-B3F6-1BBD663C3B99.jpeg

Last edited:

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Yeah, I usually do. The customer handed me the cash as I was rolling up my hoses. The shorts I was wearing today had shallow pockets. Now I know better.
Shallow pockets or tight shorts like Jimmy’s pair he wears?

Name
Jeff T
Does no one carry a clip board? OR, a frickin cash float in a zippered case???

HACKS...!!!!!!!

Name
Lee Stockwell
I have the folding aluminum ticket book too, since 1975 or so.

However I'm sure Damon wasn't holding it when he was handed the money, mine usually stays in the truck.

We've all been handed cash or a check while in conversation or wrapping up, a bit distracted.

It's a cautionary tale for each of us.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I have the folding aluminum ticket book too, since 1975 or so.

However I'm sure Damon wasn't holding it when he was handed the money, mine usually stays in the truck.

We've all been handed cash or a check while in conversation or wrapping up, a bit distracted.

It's a cautionary tale for each of us.
Thank you Lee. I didn’t feel the need to explain my clipboard practices to the peanut gallery.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
So I did a $200 minimum jobber this morning. The customer paid cash and $50 card. When I got home and reached into my pocket for the cash, it was gone. Searched my van with no luck.

Bopped on my motorcycle and sped back to the job-site. Realtors were there showing the house. On the ground in front of the garage was my moola. I got lucky.
View attachment 102144

As I've often said, this is not the place to come for sympathy.

I'm glad you found it.

Reactions: Nomad74

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom