Alternative to the Trinity

tmiklethun

Name
Travis Miklethun
I have been researching the trinity for awhile now. In that process I have heard about some of the issues with service and the recent lawsuit. This problem does give me pause in purchasing one.

However, I have also had an opportunity to run a trinity and an orbot and I have to say the trinity performed much better. I do not buy into the hype of replacing a truck mount for a deep cleaning, but I do see benefits for increased production rates in commercial as well as lightly soiled residential. I even have one account, condos, that I can't use my truckmount.

Is there an alternative to the Trinity, that performs as good, but does not have some of the customer service problems that the Trinity seems to have.

tmiklethun

Name
Travis Miklethun
Hi John......!

No Bob, I am not John. My name is Travis Miklethun I own Integrity Cleaning Systems. I am rather new to this board, but from what I have heard John at Trinity would not acknowledge that he has customer service issues. If you need to know that for a fact, my website is www.integritycleaningsystems.com my Facebook page is www.facebook.com/integritycleaningsystems. I will upload a photo of me to this profile so you can compare.

Now hopefully I have proved who I am. My question is honest. I want the best for my clients and I want to work with best vendors for me. It appears Trinity is NOT a great vendor, but from my own personal testing their machine is better then the competition. So I am honestly asking is there a tool that will compete with the quality of RESULTS with the trinity, but not have the service issues.

tmiklethun

Name
Travis Miklethun
Welcome, have you tried a Cimex or Brush Pro CRB?

I have not tried the cimex, but from what I have seen it is really good on commercial carpet. Haven't heard anything about it for residential carpet. Does it work well in that application? I have tried the brush pro and love it for powerscubbing prespray in before extraction, but I did not like it all for encapsulation. I actually think my 175 works better for encap that the brushpro.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Orbot
Cimex
Crb

Any of the 3 can be had for half the price of the Trinity.

Imo no OP is worth 4k period, you can buy a good used gas (not electric bs) truckmount for that.

tmiklethun

Name
Travis Miklethun
This may be a stupid question, but I said I would upload my photo to complete my profile and I can't figure out how to do that. I edited my personal information, but didn't see how to upload a photo.

Name
I'm Rick James
Cimex without a doubt.. you will be impressed and you will get better support.

I wouldn't want to buy a machine from a lying bully.

Mikey P

Administrator
and you can get 8 inch Tuway pads for the Cimex if you want to fool your client or yourself into thinking that something is actually being extracted from the carpet.

I believe the Cimex vendors here have some really convincing test reports from Harvard that will prove that VLM will rid any of carpet of fleas, AIDS, gingivitis, malaria, rug doctor residues and hepatitis too!!

Name
Steve Lawrence
Mike, have you used the Tuway? Sounds like you weren't impressed or maybe you have issue with the inadequate actual soil removal of some rub 'n run systems.

Mikey P

Administrator
Yes Steve. I have a huge pile of them
Don't believe the bullshit about them holding more soil and sand than pure cotton pads.

After many tests and tries we only use them for sealer residue clean up or wood floor buffing now.

We prefer to run dark grey or Jeremy's brown pads under out mex and have do a follow up post padding with cotton in the heavily soiled areas. The mud that comes up on the pads in pretty impressive and is sort of comes close to running a wand over those areas to improve the final look. Helps with dry as well.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

randy

Name
Randy
I would encourage you to look at the Whittaker TRIO or the Cimex. If you really want a TRINITY, buy it used and make low ball offers as they are very hard to sell.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
From my experience i agree with Randy. trio or cimex for cgd. For resi an Orbot with weight kit.

randy

Name
Randy
I should have added that I give the Trio a huge edge over the Cimex. It uses way less chemical and seems to be easier to operate. When you get done you really aren't as tired.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
So if you were buying just one machine will it be the 15" or the 20" trio?
What product do you use?
(Whitaker products seem super expensive)

Also, do you find the cleaning results of the Trio as good as the Cimex?
Do you ever use the granular powder as a cleaner?

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i bought the 20" since we mainly CC CGD. if i had to do it over again, i'd still get the 20". but when i buy a 2nd Trio i'll buy the 15" for smaller CGD & resi.

again, for me it cleans as good or better than my Cimex.

i use any encap product i like & i've never used any granular products.

imo Cimex still cleans superbly and is initially a cheaper alternative.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
about the cord, weight and brushes, Joe @ Whitt told me via email: 50' cord. Filled with water 88 LB's. We have white= soft. Gray= standard. black= firm. blue= extra firm.
i have gray, black and blue. i use blue on all cgd....resi i've used gray but i want to try black as well.

G Man

Name
Joseph Gilstrap
I have had the "Blasphemer CM" from geurkink and it did spin the pad faster than my Orbot (until it fell apart) but when testing it along side my Orbot I didn't save any time on my cleaning jobs, like apartments and residences etc...
After a lot of experience with 3 different CMs, I believe that some people just think they are going faster because of the pad speed and the racket they make. It is my experienced opinion is that pad speed can be too fast to clean properly, whereas the Orbot digs in more. All I know is that I have 2 Orbots and no CMs and am very content.

Here is a video of my Orbot cleaning a dirty restaurant.

[video=youtube_share;GHVI_B_6fHE]http://youtu.be/GHVI_B_6fHE[/video]

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Most people recommend weights for the Orbot. While I do think they help for nasty residential carpet, cgd, and tile and grout....I do just fine without them.

I agree they're not needed.

I owned one and several other OP machines in the last few years, never put a weight kit on, made no difference, if people just want more aggression throw a new fiber pad down and you're good to go.

I would not use an OP for tile/grout though, it'll spray the solution all over the place.

I sold my Orbot and keep the Defender for commercial "only".

I was an ex resi OP guy for years, built my co into a 6 figure biz OP only till I coverted to the gas TM, couldn't been happier.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
fiber pad pre-scrub is a good idea, i forgot about that. it would replace the weight kit but it also adds another step. :-\

G Man

Name
Joseph Gilstrap
Let me just add that I think Clark Lancaster has good machines also that do a great job of cleaning. The Orbot is just the best looking OP machine out there along with great cleaning ability.
Clark can builds his Defenders with the solution tank down and low just like the CM. That's where John G copied the idea from.

Back
Top Bottom