Am I responsable for

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
A customer calls today bad as hell that my truck left 4 indentations in his driveway from the four tires. He wants me to pay for the fix. Am I responsable for his shit driveway job.

Bob Foster

Lyman said:
A customer calls today bad as hell that my truck left 4 indentations in his driveway from the four tires. He wants me to pay for the fix. Am I responsable for his shit driveway job.

No. Blame it on the guy who wanted the cheap job or the contractor who put it in who did the cheap job.

Let me ask was the customer a cheap-ass when he was dealing with you?

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Is it just the sealer or the asphalt? If just the sealer, it's cheap shit. If it's the asphalt, he got taken when it was installed. Tires should never indent a properly installed asphalt drive.

As for my hot Genesis exhaust, I put a board down on asphalt drives, cause the exhaust points down and out, but it will melt an asphalt drive on these hot days.

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
I went and looked at it and the back tires looks like it sunk in a 1/4 of an inch and the fronts I couldn't see at all. The guy that did all the yelling would not come out of the house. The wife came out and said that I have a really heavy van. They are getting a estimate on friday. I am wondering if this happened a while ago and then I show up.

Marc Imbesi

Let this be a lesson for all to learn from. Reminds me of some situations I've found myself in during my installation days. I've been blamed for chips on the bottom of mirrored closet doors and bedroom dresser tops coming off. Money was taken from my subcontractor paycheck for fixes and replacements, until I had enough and realized some people are just out to get ya. I made myself a checklist that I filled out as I arrived. When I'd notice something, I'd have the client sign off on it. Those extra few minutes a job keep my blood pressure down and the clients happy. Ive always had driveway condition on my list, b/c people accuse you of leaking oil. Thanks for the memories!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Back your van into the driveway and see. :mrgreen:

No really, it could have been there already but if your tires match......You never know.

You can be sued for anything...Whether or not they win is the questions.

If the tires don't fit they must acquit

SimsponGlove.jpg

GCP

Brian R said:
Back your van into the driveway and see. :mrgreen:

No really, it could have been there already but if your tires match......You never know.

You can be sued for anything...Whether or not they win is the questions.

If the tires don't fit they must acquit

SimsponGlove.jpg

:mrgreen: i 2nd this but will say in my opinion it is not your fault.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Perhaps not legally- but it will cost you 10-100 times more to walk away as it will to fix. Ask the client for the name/number and contact of the company that can fix it and offer to do it on trade with the owner for carpet cleaning.

Whatever you do fix the damn thing and forget about it.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Ken Snow said:
Perhaps not legally- but it will cost you 10-100 times more to walk away as it will to fix. Ask the client for the name/number and contact of the company that can fix it and offer to do it on trade with the owner for carpet cleaning.

Whatever you do fix the damn thing and forget about it.

KindA-sOrtA.... :!:

Have the Homeowner...get you a "WRITTEN ESTIMATE"...for the repair... :!:

If it is ACCEPTABLE to you... :?:

STROKE the check DIRECTLY to the Homeowner..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO NOT write the check to the CONTRACTOR... :evil:

If they are NOT satisfied with the work...."IT IS THEIR PROBLEM".... :idea:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Ken Snow said:
I agree with that in most situations Joe.

Sooooo, What you really meant to say....IS......................................................

I agree with "JOE" in....."EVERY"......situation !!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
I talked with my lawer today. He says that he has no case, but it would be cheaper for me to try and settle with cash. So that means that any scum bag with a depression in there driveway can get money from you.This is the first time in 15 years of doing business this has happened. But one problem for this scum bag, I never forget. Tomorow is estimate day.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Why are you assuming he/she is a scumbag? Also dontcha think it cost you more money to talk to you lawyer than the repair will be? Come on man, cut the peeps a check and let it go.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Ken Snow said:
Why are you assuming he/she is a scumbag? Also dontcha think it cost you more money to talk to you lawyer than the repair will be? Come on man, cut the peeps a check and let it go.

You should Really take the time to look at the poster's PROFILE...."KEN"..... :idea:

He is a "NEW YORKER".... !gotcha!

eVerYbOdY is a ScuM-bAg....in their BOOK.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
My lawer is my wifes uncle and the local city judge. I get the family free time. The driveway is all cracked and broken up to start with, so 2 little depression aren't a big deal. And ken, I didn't marry into money, I have worked very hard for what I have and hate like hell to give any away. He may not be a scum bag, but is trying to get his driveway fixed on my dime.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Lyman said:

How fresh was the asphalt? Was it a newer driveway? Was it a hot day?
I still leave a slight impression in my 2 year old driveway on a hot day.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Lol- I assume that was meant as an insult. For the record I married in to debt but don't expect anyone here to believe that. Sorry if I triggered you man but seriously if fixing it costs a hundred bucks or so and not fixing it costs u 1000's what is the tough choice?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
5 gal of asphalt patch is about $95 it will take about 1 gallon for 2 small depressions.

It's really not worth all this grief and worry.

Buy him a bucket and he'll have 4 gallons left over to fix more of his crappy driveway.

Win, win!!

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
Ken, I didn't mean to insult you. This problem and the heat have me ready to snap. We will see what tomorow brings.
BTW-I would like to have your debt.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Matt knocked over a 5 gallon container of gasoline on a driveway with the hose? unknowingly. I got a call from the homeowner while Matt was there because he had no idea what to do. The house just went on the market and had a big nasty stain and the asphalt was coming loose. Where the gas was spilled, where the homeowner was working in the yard laying with 2 lummocks who knows what really happened.

I assured the home owner we would take care of it. Compt the carpet cleaning, patched the effected area and it was a large driveway that hadn't been sealed in the 15 yrs they were in the home we sealed the entire driveway with 10 yr seal. Driveway looked brand new, cost me about $270 and never had to worry about it.

My theory was they called me to buy carpet cleaning and that is what they should've gotten but they got a problem instead, so i fixed and if they got a little extra so what.

Sometimes in the heat depending on your truck and heat and humidity on a driveway with a big box could have been an issue(if that is what you drive) especially when you turn those front wheels while the truc is in a stationarty position

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Lyman said:
Ken, I didn't mean to insult you. This problem and the heat have me ready to snap. We will see what tomorow brings.
BTW-I would like to have your debt.

Sorry if I misunderstood, but you really don't want my debt.

Jimbo

Fill your water and waste tanks and go roll the rest of the driveway down to match

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Just had a call from a septic service guy who had a small oil leak in a drive from his truck. His Customer was very unhappy. We showed up and actually steam cleaned with a hard surface wand the areas of concern. (They had put sand on it first) We swept up the sand and also had some floor dry compound, but wouldn't you know it starts to rain as we are working. Actually that was a blessing. We could find the spots to clean easier as they pooled up in the rain. The driveway was in very bad shape, but they were talking having the septic guy replace the entire drive. The homeowner was very pleased when we finished up. She had just been upset that nobody cared at the beginning. Show them you care (even though it is eating you up) and they might have a change of heart and work with you. I know it just plain sucks that you are dealing with this. Have had it myself and it just tears you up inside with worry. Try to put on your best smile and make it go away. As everyone cools down, people then become more rational.

I wish you the best with this and hope for better days for you. It's days like this that make the good days even better. Keep us informed.

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom