Am I The Only One????

R

R W

Am I just getting old and forgetfull, but I have cut a few vac hoses by letting them fall off the reel, and fall on the belt to my APO on the Genesis, which in turn grinds a nice gash in the hose. And it's been the 2.5......twice! I always try to make sure the last hose on the reel is hanging out the truck before I start it up, but I've gashed a few hoses lately. It's usually near the end, so I don't loose more than a foot of hose, but it really makes u feel "stoopit" when you come out to the truck and find the hose grinding away. You can't hear it, and it hasn't damaged the TM ....yet. I've already bought 2 hose cuffs from Greenglides, but they don't make a 2.5 screw-on coupler to fix a hose that's damaged in the middle of 50 foot.

Please tell me I ain't the only one...

Mike Draper

Greenie has a 2.5-2.5 " barb that you can hook 2 hoses together with permanently. had mine in for about a year, works great.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
RW,

When I did a 2.5 MOD onthe PC 405....I bought 20ft of 2.5 Stainless....

I cut 6 inch peices off the overage of pipe...

These make GREAT in-line connectors......

Rolls-up much tighter on the hose reels...& eleminates CUFFS...

Just go to a MUFFLER SHOP...They will probably GIVE you the 6 inch SCRAPS....

NO MORE LEAKING CUFFS................... :wink:

Name
steve snail
Twice last month the 2.5" hose was pulled to tight by me and wound up right behind the exhaust port out the back of the machine and melted a hole right though it. Hate it when I lop off seven foot like that...twice!!!

R

R W

Steve in Omaha said:
Twice last month the 2.5" hose was pulled to tight by me and wound up right behind the exhaust port out the back of the machine and melted a hole right though it. Hate it when I lop off seven foot like that...twice!!!

Oh, yeah....I forgot. I burned the 2.5 once or twice on the outside exhaust.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom