Amazing

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I just delivered an 8x10 polypropylene rug to a lady. Nice rug in good condition, cleaned up beautifully but still is just a polypropylene rug. In talking to her, she informs me that she paid $2400 for it about 10 years ago. Her daughter worked at this high end rug store and got it at a discount. Are you kidding me? She showed me the invoice. I have seen similar rugs at home Depot for under a $1000. I am familiar with the place where she bought it from, bunch of crooks in my opinion.

Trey

Name
Trey Moon
Sounds par for the course. In the rug world price rarely has a bearing on quality. I liked @Newman comment, but it is actually uncommon to have sense about rugs and textiles in general. There is so much misinformation that consumers get, sometimes from uneducated or unscrupulous sales people. In a lot of cases, the sales people or designers themselves are misinformed because the manufacturers will outright lie about durability and stain resistance. This is most common with viscose rugs and the myriad of names that they come up with to disguise what it actually is. Then on top of that, over the counter spotters/cleaners can claim basically anything they want. Sad but true.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I insulted a lady selling clothing at a festival. As my wife and I are checking out the booths, a lady says to my wife something about her top quality bamboo silk leggings and I immediately say, "you mean viscose?". Somehow that didn't sound quite as attractive.

Brian H

Name
Brian H
I passed on a heavily soiled light coloured viscose couch last week, she was a lil upset I told her $10k couch was more a disposable piece not a longterm piece
Just like some installed wall to wall sisal jobs I have seen over the years. They get upset when you tell them that the coffee spill has permanently damaged it.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom