An Encap star is born....

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Warning: VERY LONG VIDEO.

John was asked to borrow our Cimex to do a side by side demo with the BonnetPro MiniMax. (BonnetPro headquarters is a mile or so from our house and we often get to test and demo new stuff that John K is developing and provide feedback).

This side by side comparison was done yesterday and John got to be in the video. We just got the link to the edited video and wanted to share. Demo starts around 14:00 minute mark, you'll see John's mug show up around 15:45.

John's role in all of this was just to provide the good looks and Cimex. He had fun making the demo and was surprised at the results. Check it out and enjoy!!

Both carpets samples looked pretty crappy to me. I agree with Lee. Looks like a pile nylon carpet that hwe would have cleaned easy. Now on to bonnet cleaning. I have done my fair share and never was happy with the results. Well a couple weeks back I saw an older black guy bonnet cleaning the gym I work out in. He had one yes one bonnet to clean close to 4k sq ft of carpet. He kept dipping it in a mop bucket, ringing it out, and scrubing away. I was amazed at the results he was getting, but he would spend literally 30 minutes going over a 100 sq ft section. The carpets were very heavy soiled but he got them clean.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Awesome truckmount commercial!!!

Lee, you are awesome! :rockon: lol!

I'd think, the wetter the carpet got the more "dirty towel" residue you would see. It also looks like a cut carpet not cgd, which would also aid in the "towel transfer" test compared to a cgd style(IMO).

Reactions: Russ T.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Awesome truckmount commercial!!!

Ha ha, maybe it is. But there are situations we can't use the truck mount. It took YEARS for John to finally get a Cimex and get into this (kicking and screaming all the way). Regardless of personal preference, we have found encapsulation cleaning helpful, even necessary to have for us to service many accounts.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
I warned my John if I posted this here, we'd catch some crap. Not our experiment/demo, just our Cimex and John's handsome face.

Looks like a pile nylon carpet that hwe would have cleaned easy.

Agreed, but there are many situations where HWE isn't possible, the client wants low moisture, or you need to be more price competitive and give the customer the appearance they desire. Just another means to an end.

Reactions: Desk Jockey
Name
Lee Stockwell
Actually I really appreciated the video. I have many thoughts and comments about it, but the snarky ones always crowd to the front of the line and jump out first.

more...

Reactions: jcooper
Name
Lee Stockwell
Mr Burdick was a good sport and had the better hair.

Mr Bonnet pro was knowledgeable and seemed like a great guy. I noticed a bias or two as well.

Watching that I could imagine John G's reaction to some of it (his 1999 reaction, as well as his 2015 take). I could also imagine Rick G's reaction, or rather his thoughts (he's a better poker player than G).

Yes there is a definate place for bonnet and various encap products. We use them. In fact I will order some wool/cotton pads.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
That wasn't an encap scenario at all as presented!

If we encountered that area it would need to be actually cleaned first with a portable( if we can't reach by truckmount) rinsed out well and if need be then post bonnet.

This is not rocket science here folks, just carpet cleaning.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I agree, if its that soiled we would HWE first. The guy is pretty sharp but and I agree with a lot of what he is saying but defensive "sends it to the bottom of the carpet" and "cancer analogy" are a bit over the top.

I like his machines and his pads, I'd even like to try his chems but its really a meaningless test. Those are two different methods as the soil removal process is different too. The encap is removed dry though vacuuming later vs the soil being removed immediately by bonnet.

I thought John and his Cimex did pretty good actually but we would have HWE the first cleaning had the facility been that soiled.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I also watched the whole thing. First, because I always try to help out the hair challenged, and second, because his voice was not NEARLY as annoying as Saigers is.

I liked what I saw. Of course, I am not nearly as prejudiced or backward as most of you cave dwellers.

I may have to call that mohawk dude and get me some pads.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
I believe the point of the demo wasn't which get's better results, per say, but when going for low moisture/faster dry times, there is less moisture left with the MiniMax process.

And, there is more soil removal, at least initially. The Cimex pads don't collect the soil like the bonnet pads do. While the Cimex does produce visual results, can you dispute that the MiniMax with Bonnet process removes more soil? (at least initially - As pointed out in a previous post, Cimex will be removed with post vacuuming)

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
but when going for low moisture/faster dry times, there is less moisture left with the MiniMax process.
I would agree when we OP with the Orbot we use much less solution than shower feeding through the Cimex.

While the Cimex does produce visual results, can you dispute that the MiniMax with Bonnet process removes more soil?
Again I agree but its less about machine and more that those are two distinctly different cleaning methods.

Seemed a little pointless but perhaps those #5's out there haven't a clue how different methods work. ????

P.S.
I just found out what a #5 was and all this time I thought it was Marty...and now I find out it is.

Reactions: hogjowl

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
No you are far too smart to be a number five. :biggrin:

Lets just say a #5 is not exactly smart...more Marty! ;)

Of course I barely found out, so maybe I'm only a six. :winky:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Mediocre results and they dare to share THAT with professionals?

A BIG soapy mess.

Remember RIckY taking a carpet out of a dumpster at connections and running a cimex over it?
MEDIOCRE results too and made himself look like a KLOWN to all of us knowing professionals...............

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Its a bogus "test" set up where he knew he would look good.
About what I've come to expect in this industry :errf:

You can use whatever pad you want with a cimex, btw.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
But Shane didn't you see all of the dirt stains still there?
He might have covered it up with "Lather" but it was still visible.
Or maybe your standards are just not that......high?

And to tell the truth here...............I've never met anyone with the name SHANE that was worth a shit .

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
But Shane didn't you see all of the dirt stains still there?
He might have covered it up with "Lather" but it was still visible.
Or maybe your standards are just not that......high?

And to tell the truth here...............I've never met anyone with the name SHANE that was worth a shit .
:lol:

Neither have I!!!
Told ya my parents are VERY disappointed, unfortunately they are stuck with me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom