Orbot production/when? & Orbot parts

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Mikey asked about what's going on with Orbot.

Unfortunately, at this point we're not getting any word of a firm date when Orbot's production will go back online. So we don't have a clear picture when/if they'll resume.

Early on, Jeff assured us that he hoped to restart their production quickly. But there have been multiple delays. I hope he can get things together, because the Orbot is a terrific machine, and Jeff Hruby has been a fixture in our industry.

In the meantime, in order to take care of our customers, we've gone ahead and engineered a couple of the most common replacement parts for Orbots.

Pad Driver:
We worked with our machinist to design a new pad driver. This new driver will replace the standard Orbot pad driver / on all Orbot machines. We've had it tested now with a lot of hours of run-time in the field. And the new driver looks to be even better than the original OEM driver.

Bearing Assembly & Counterweight Assembly:
We've also replicated the bearing assembly for the Orbot machines. And we've also successfully replicated the counterweight assembly.

These new Excellent Supply engineered parts should be ready to bring to market within about 4 weeks. So the Orbot-specific parts will be covered. And we can source most of the more general types of parts. Our goal at this point is to support the people who purchased machines.

If and when Orbot reemerges – it will be music to everyone's ears.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
Mikey asked about what's going on with Orbot.

Unfortunately, at this point we're not getting any word of a firm date when Orbot's production will go back online. So we don't have a clear picture when/if they'll resume.

Early on, Jeff assured us that he hoped to restart their production quickly. But there have been multiple delays. I hope he can get things together, because the Orbot is a terrific machine, and Jeff Hruby has been a fixture in our industry.

In the meantime, in order to take care of our customers, we've gone ahead and engineered a couple of the most common replacement parts for Orbots.

Pad Driver:
We worked with our machinist to design a new pad driver. This new driver will replace the standard Orbot pad driver / on all Orbot machines. We've had it tested now with a lot of hours of run-time in the field. And the new driver looks to be even better than the original OEM driver.

Bearing Assembly & Counterweight Assembly:
We've also replicated the bearing assembly for the Orbot machines. And we've also successfully replicated the counterweight assembly.

These new Excellent Supply engineered parts should be ready to bring to market within about 4 weeks. So the Orbot-specific parts will be covered. And we can source most of the more general types of parts. Our goal at this point is to support the people who purchased machines.

If and when Orbot reemerges – it will be music to everyone's ears.

So as far as you know Jeff is still the owner of the company, which I certainly hope so .

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Presumably. But I can’t confirm that. It may have been sold. I know he had some investment people involved. But I do know that Jeff is still involved with the company. He told me that Orbot will reemerge. It’s wait and see at this point / regarding how it all plays out. Hoping for a good outcome.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom