an end of an Era

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Ok.

Let's talk retirement, how many nuts is needed to fund your new chicken ranch?

Typical Thai earns 300 baht ($8) a day.
That would be enough to feed the family If I didn't buy beer, or want western food.
I have 3 million baht in my Thai bank account. More then Enough to last my life time.
I could take a $2k monthly distribution from my 401k. which could last my life time-- I just might have to jump off a bridge at age 72. lol

As for a Nevada type chicken ranch-- I'll leave that to the Thai Mafia. I already have a real chicken ranch. In the spring I told my wife's family to postpone selling the chickens and concentrate on just breeding and increasing the flock size. This way even if we sold some chickens our flock size would still be increasing. On my summer trip I was impressed with the size of our flock. On my Fall trip, I was surprised at the size and number of rooster and ducks-- but lack of chickens. I asked my wife what happened to all the chickens-- she said they got sick and died.-- so there are risk in raising free range chickens without antibiotics. So maybe the Farm needs some capitalistic management, which I can only do if I'm there full time.
Also have Cows and rice farm.
Once in Thailand full time I would set up a hydroponics vegetable garden, to sell at the farmers market.
I would also buy a Tractor for utility and entertainment, It would be my version of a side by side. I would be very happy just cruising around my fields. or I'd be for hire.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I wonder what gas prices would be if added our military expense to the price?

no clue...but suggest it's taxed enough now

I would be in favor of a "war" tax though.
Less likely to get bogged down in unwinnable wars when we actually have to pay for them ...instead of handing the tab to my grandkids

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Papa John

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Yeah, that must be why Shell Oil owns a big piece of Ballard Power.

and that suggests to you they're buying 200 mpg carburetors and engines that run on sea water to shelve them ?

It can't be they're in the biz of providing fuel and when/if tech and manufacturing develops a better mouse trap that's competitive (without subsidies) and/or gov mandates, they'll be in a po$ition to capitalize on it??

'course not

lta

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
and that suggests to you they're buying 200 mpg carburetors and engines that run on sea water to shelve them ?

It can't be they're in the biz of providing fuel and when/if tech and manufacturing develops a better mouse trap that's competitive (without subsidies) and/or gov mandates, they'll be in a po$ition to capitalize on it??

'course not

View attachment 87599

lta
I would say, more like holding back the technology until the oil starts to run dry before introducing a new fuel.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom