an idea.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
This past week I had to throw away 3 gallons of Peroxcellent!! It got a bit hot in the van and 1 jug blew its content everywhere in the back of the van when I unscrewed the lid... and two other also turned into solid from liquid. (Luckily they didn't blow up on me.) That's about a $100 loss right there!

So why don't you manufacturers make a chemical shelf with insulated walls with a tiny insulated roll up door covering the front of the shelf? (Kinda like a side door on boxtrucks) have a small heater for cold weather and cooling unit for hot summer days installed inside on the bottom of the shelf. It could be powered from the truckmount or the vehicle battery.

This little invention could keep chemical's shelf life longer in cold and hot weather. I know it would cost a bit more than an average shelf but hey it just cost me a 100bucks to lose the chemicals that gone bad.

This could be beneficial for all chemicals not just peroxide based stuff!

So who is up for it?!?!? I can give you drawings... Jondon? Interlink? Mytee? Cobbs? Anyone? You still have time to make it and break it out at Connections!

John Olson

Name
John Olson
How many do you think will sell at $1000 or more? Because that will be the price point. Not all good ideas=Profit...Would be easier to buy products that won't explode because they got hot

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
John I don't think it needs to be that expensive. I think it could be made cheaper simpler.

Even an existing shelf could be converted with insulation showed in the back and sides and bolt on doors that won't be rolling up. It would take a bit more space to have them open but its just an idea.

I think a lot of cold weather guys could benefit from it too. When the vehicle is open on a job site for a couple of hours, the shelf could be cozier inside.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Take the heat exchanger out of a Coleman 12v cooler and install it into your styrofoam-lined shelf with lid.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Zalan Szabo (zee) said:
This could be beneficial for all chemicals not just peroxide based stuff!

I'm sorry for your loss Zalan. No other chemicals we use are effected by heat like peroxide based ones. Just keep those in a cooler if it's a problem for you. As for protecting some from freezing, I'm sure you have some cold weather in San Diego, but if we in the north have to worry about freezing chemicals on the truck in the winter, we have much bigger concerns to deal with. Just close the fooking door.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Here you go Zee, just buy one of these, plugs into the cigarette lighter.

http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colemanc ... 570&brand=

3000000540_500.jpg

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
:lol: hahhaha thanks guys! I know I could make that work, I guess I just wanted to throw something out there :lol:

I was thinking along the lines of the styrofoam lined shelf too but I know some of the manufacturers could make prettier ones.

Oh and I know how it is to be in the cold weather places- I haven't always been in san diego... I have done jobs in 7degrees freezing too. ;-)

Driving up mikeysboard thread and post count! :lol:

Now let's see *** coming out with a relabeled coleman chemical holder :lol:

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I have to release the pressure built up from every single gallon of peroxellent everyday. Our warehouse is not hot at all.

My problem was with the 3 jugs that they turned solid. Zero liquid was in the bottles. Just solids.

I did call vacaway (BEFORE I made this thread) to see why the jugs are expanding so much. They said the peroxcellent jugs have a special lid with a membrane that let's out excess pressure. None of my bottles have the membrane in them. Make sure you don't have the lid on too tight!

Vacaway was nice enough to replace one gallon for me.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
There was an issue with Peroxcellent that was fixed.

The way it was mixed was causing the solution to gel up when heated.

Peroxcellent is by far the best chem I've used for OPing ...Really good for pet urine stains and odor and things like browning etc.
Great cleaner for regular dirt too. lol

It encaps and keeps working until it's dry. No wicking etc etc etc.

Of course NO sticky residue.

Love the stuff.

You can get it at http://www.vacaway.com

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom