An Important Message For Our Industry

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I received the new Cleanfax magazine yesterday, featuring our own Jim Pemberton as Person of the Year, a great choice. I could think of no one more deserving.

I recommend that all, and most especially our industry leaders, read the article Jim wrote. Jim has the foresight to see what an momentous impact the internet and specifically the industry bulletin boards have, and will continue to have on the course of progress in the industry. With the ever expanding presence of computers, cutting edge information is just a mouse click away. To shrug this impact off as the ravings of a few is foolish. Never, in any form, have so many had a voice. Certainly local associations are positive and help many, but they pale in comparison to what a bulletin board, an "online coalition of cleaners" has the potential to do for this industry. Those leaders, educators, manufacturers and suppliers who are smart realize that the bulletin boards are far from the ravings of a few, but rather the pulse of our industry, representing the opinions and concerns of the majority quite effectively. Thank you Jim for so eloquently pointing out the power and even greater potential of online communities in our industry.

"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world.
Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves.
All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."

That quote is certainly a gem. Well remembered when the industry boat gets rocked. Without change there is no progress, though nothing frightens people more than change. It takes daring, courage, persistence, and most of all conviction to bring change to the world. let's hope that this industry continues to nurture the "unreasonable people" that push it's progress.

Congratulations and well said Jim Pemberton.

Take care,
Lisa

leesenter

I find it so interesting how chemical company/manufacturing companies now frequently refer to the industry "blogs and boards". In the last six months the "bigshots" certainly seam to know more about whats happening on the boards.
Lee

Gen. George S. Patton once said...
"No decision is difficult to make as long as you have all of the facts."

Well, everyone who voted had all of the facts apparently, and this obviously was an easy decision.

Congrats Jim! I am proud and honored to call you my close friend!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom