An interview with Mike Palmer – the Founder of HydraMaster

doylebloss

Supportive Member
Name
Doyle Bloss
(via RSS feed from https://historyofprofessionalcarpetcleaning.wordpress.com)

Mike Palmer is generally credited with being the first person to sell Truckmounted Carpet Cleaning equipment on a national basis. While several people certainly predated what Mike brought to the Marketplace with his SteamMaster Baron Mobile Cleaning Plant, having a nationwide sales force in 1971 certainly made him the first to really try to sell a truckmount throughout the country.

On the occasion of the 50th Anniversary of HydraMaster, Doyle Bloss had a chance to sit down with Mike and reflect back a little on those days at the very beginning.

Continue reading at https://historyofprofessionalcarpetcleaning.wordpress.com ...

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Great interview. It's nice to see the history of how they started. My first Hydra-Master was a Bobcat with a 36 blower and propane heater. Was a great machine. One of my first portables was a Cleanmaster 450h. 2-7.2 inch 3 stage vacuums in parallel and a Hypro twin piston pump. Autofill with chemical feed and auto pump out. Very well designed machine. Hydra-Master is just over the border from me so we have a lot of them in use here. From time to time you will see old rusted out hulks of vans with a CDS still running with 300,000 miles and over 10,000 hours.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Having retired recently and enjoying being retired, I have to give a shoutout to my faithful truckmount which has served me so well for over 38 years. It was in 3 different Ford vans and is still running like a new machine - Cat pump, Roots #45 blower, Honda motor, blazing LP heat, and an APO, running dual wands with a total of #12 flow.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest Auctions

Back
Top Bottom