And it happened...the stupidest comment to date

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Today.
A pretty well off customer in one of the high end retirement communities in San Diego County.

We're going through the whole spiel...carpet conditions... Husband's health conditions that causes him to take very small steps and shuffle like crazy. I was in my 6th attempt to explain why the 9 month old berber is beat up -badly - in his traffic lanes....but no problems in her bedroom area. She kept interrupting and diverting my attention from what I was trying to say....you know the type.. She kept calling me "babe"..and then laugh "oh don't bring me up on sexual harrasment I call people names...is that OK if I use bad words?"

So I made her understanding "yes, anything you'd like..it's your castle your rules ma'am."

She offered me lunch... Drinks...

I declined nicely, since I just came from lunch. I'm not proud of it: I ate panda express. Had chowmein and fried rice with walnut shrimp and kung pow chicken. (this is part of the story but I didn't tell her what I ate)

So I'm working...

She is making herself lunch.

And finally she sits herself at the formal dining table: a freaking cheese quesadilla with some sort of veggie salsa poured over it.

And she victoriously announces in this bitchy annoying voice: "sooorryyy about that, I'm sure this looks way better than what you had for lunch... Well it's your fault, I offered you lunch too..too bad!!"

And she starts eating like she just won some sort of battle.

Oh my freaking goodness....

I could barely hold my laughter back while I said "oh it's ok, like I said ma'am, I already had lunch. I ate walnut honey shrimp etcetera"

That got her upset and she would barely look at me from then on....and she left me in the house...as she drove off.

I'm telling you guys....you all wish for rich customers, until you get them every day!
Then you start appreciating your double wide trailerhome customers who appreciate you and respect you, while happily paying you hunnert fitty.

Last edited:
Name
Jeff T
I did a post restoration job this AM. Yes, it WAS a double wide. The lady (85 years old), is hanging out the door way, hits the doorbell, and says ‘oooops, I wrung my own bell.... I wish it was you ringing it..’ WTF? At 8 in the morning? This is my first job this morning. Then I finish up the carpet, and she asked me to come back and visit sometime.... uh, NO!.....

Reactions: Russ T.

Mikey P

Administrator
I had a rich white lady in Saratoga Ca answer her door with just her (wide open) robe on.

Those mohair panties must have been a foot wide.

I forget if she offered me lunch.

Wand Slinger

Name
Christopher Paulhamus
I admit I don't always clean my wand between jobs.
Sometimes I clean real shitholes, only to go to the next cleaning that is in a high end house that is almost immaculate.
I think to myself...if you only knew where this wand has been lady.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I think i can top you zee.
A customer was wonder why i had increased our prices.
I said it was due to rising operating expenses
She said, "You have expenses!? What expenses do you have?"
I said, "well all these things, including van with the machine cost money to operate, maintain and Buy."
She said, "you mean you have buy your own stuff!?"
I could not hold back the severe eye and head roll.

• Haha
Reactions: Old Coastie

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
after turning down a sexual advance
this one young lady came twirling into
the bedroom neked saying...."too bad..you coulda had this"

i couldn't get outta their fast enough.......no invoice..GONE!

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
after turning down a sexual advance
this one young lady came twirling into
the bedroom neked saying...."too bad..you coulda had this"

i couldn't get outta their fast enough.......no invoice..GONE!
Yep had those too... she would of saved a minimium charge I would of got a life of shame.. I still charged lol

steve_64

I did a post restoration job this AM. Yes, it WAS a double wide. The lady (85 years old), is hanging out the door way, hits the doorbell, and says ‘oooops, I wrung my own bell.... I wish it was you ringing it..’ WTF? At 8 in the morning? This is my first job this morning. Then I finish up the carpet, and she asked me to come back and visit sometime.... uh, NO!.....
Was she a vawter?

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Today.
A pretty well off customer in one of the high end retirement communities in San Diego County.

We're going through the whole spiel...carpet conditions... Husband's health conditions that causes him to take very small steps and shuffle like crazy. I was in my 6th attempt to explain why the 9 month old berber is beat up -badly - in his traffic lanes....but no problems in her bedroom area. She kept interrupting and diverting my attention from what I was trying to say....you know the type.. She kept calling me "babe"..and then laugh "oh don't bring me up on sexual harrasment I call people names...is that OK if I use bad words?"

So I made her understanding "yes, anything you'd like..it's your castle your rules ma'am."

She offered me lunch... Drinks...

I declined nicely, since I just came from lunch. I'm not proud of it: I ate panda express. Had chowmein and fried rice with walnut shrimp and kung pow chicken. (this is part of the story but I didn't tell her what I ate)

So I'm working...

She is making herself lunch.

And finally she sits herself at the formal dining table: a freaking cheese quesadilla with some sort of veggie salsa poured over it.

And she victoriously announces in this bitchy annoying voice: "sooorryyy about that, I'm sure this looks way better than what you had for lunch... Well it's your fault, I offered you lunch too..too bad!!"

And she starts eating like she just won some sort of battle.

Oh my freaking goodness....

I could barely hold my laughter back while I said "oh it's ok, like I said ma'am, I already had lunch. I ate walnut honey shrimp etcetera"

That got her upset and she would barely look at me from then on....and she left me in the house...as she drove off.

I'm telling you guys....you all wish for rich customers, until you get them every day!
Then you start appreciating your double wide trailerhome customers who appreciate you and respect you, while happily paying you hunnert fitty.

Just think what the poor guy with bad health has to deal with living with her? No wonder he shuffles his feet.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
To clarify: my post wasn't meant to be sexual in any way.. In case you read it that way.
It was more about the incredibly demeaning and snooty attitude how she assumed her stupid quesadilla was somehow special and what she imagined that my lunch looked like...I'm still wondering what she perceived my lunch was....

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim Pemberton

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Was she a vawter?
Now listen SteveO....you met my wife....you don't think she'd smack the dogpiss outta you....I bout crapped my pants when she ordered you to move the couch and chair and THEN remarked on how you neglected to pre-spray AND vacuum underneath .....
Actually I was laughing my ass off....
TOLD YOU....

I'll never forget the the black wheel mark's you left in the parking lot....

Last edited:
Reactions: steve_64

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
To clarify: my post wasn't meant to be sexual in any way.. In case you read it that way.
It was more about the incredibly demeaning and snooty attitude how she assumed her stupid quesadilla was somehow special and was she imagined that my lunch looked like...I'm still wondering what she perceived my lunch was....

She probably imagined you eating spoiled lunch meat on stale bread and that you took a drink from a garden hose.

• Haha
Reactions: Nomad74 and Zee

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
It was more about the incredibly demeaning and snooty attitude how she assumed her stupid quesadilla was somehow special and was she imagined that my lunch looked like...I'm still wondering what she perceived my lunch was....
If you are her lunch, it probably wouldn't end there.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Its difficult to draw the line with people when they seem to be too friendly. Most often, its innocent, and you never want to offend people by seeming to reject hospitality or friendship.

But that downside is far less than the downside of a damaging personal relationship, or accusations of improper or even criminal conduct.

A plumber (as I remember) sat next to his customer when she was crying about something going on in her life, I forget what. He wore shorts, and was a bit on the heavy side. She mistook a role of fat on his inner thigh as his penis being exposed, and contacted the police.

If I remember right, he had to show that his penis was too small to have been visible outside of his pants in court to exonerate himself. The expense, embarrassment, and worst of all bad publicity was likely astronomical.

The issue wasn't his shorts or his weight. It was sitting next to a customer and putting his arm around her.

Reactions: dealtimeman

FredC

Village Idiot
It was more about the incredibly demeaning and snooty attitude how she assumed her stupid quesadilla was somehow special and what she imagined that my lunch looked like...I'm still wondering what she perceived my lunch was....
You know you had Panda Express right?

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
You know you had Panda Express right?

I'm not going to suffer through that video ...what's it about?

And yes I had panda express... Which I already said I wasn't proud of. I don't normally eat that food.

FredC

Village Idiot
I'm not going to suffer through that video ...what's it about?

And yes I had panda express... Which I already said I wasn't proud of. I don't normally eat that food.
Its about quesadillas

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom