and just like that, down to two.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
And people think cleaning carpet is the hard part of this business. It's training, managing, retaining, employees where the difficulty lies.

Any half wit can sling a wand...no offense to Jimmy or Marty. 😉
It all depends on what level you're at in this business. When I first started, slinging a wand on those big jobs was pretty hard with crappy equipment.

Now I've graduated to needing a full time tech, Hiring the first employee is always the hardest. At least for me it is

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark Saiger

rick imby

Name
Rick
With all the people moving north to California you should not have any problem finding more help. Do they have to be able to speak English?

Reactions: Bruce Humphrey

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Good to know. Ely is great. If you get some qualified people before March, I'll make arrangements to get them trained when I'm in Palm Springs.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
My crew consists of a 9 and 12 year old. They don't have school today. I was going to leave them home but they both begged me to come help. So okay, I folded. We always have fun.

Anyway, what a pain Mike. People are too soft. I think I may have found a helper. I was in a doughnut shop and saw this guy working among all the little Vietnamese women. He looked out of place. I asked him how much he got paid. He said $10. So I gave him my card and told him to call me if he's looking to make more. After our conversation he seemed pumped. We'll see.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
My crew consists of a 9 and 12 year old. They don't have school today. I was going to leave them home but they both begged me to come help. So okay, I folded. We always have fun.

Anyway, what a pain Mike. People are too soft. I think I may have found a helper. I was in a doughnut shop and saw this guy working among all the little Vietnamese women. He looked out of place. I asked him how much he got paid. He said $10. So I gave him my card and told him to call me if he's looking to make more. After our conversation he seemed pumped. We'll see.

After the fall of Saigon, we had a number of Vietnamese people come to work for both our cleaning and restoration companies. One had been an officer over there. They worked hard,and were cheerful and respectful.

They saved up their money and eventually all went on to owning restaraunts or clothing stores as I remember. I learned a lot about their culture, and life, from them.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
After the fall of Saigon, we had a number of Vietnamese people come to work for both our cleaning and restoration companies. One had been an officer over there. They worked hard,and were cheerful and respectful.

They saved up their money and eventually all went on to owning restaraunts or clothing stores as I remember. I learned a lot about their culture, and life, from them.
I forgot to mention, the kid working was a whitey. Not that it matters, but he did look out of place among all these little women.

rick imby

Name
Rick
It can be really frustrating losing and then having to train employees. After being burned a few times I had a lot of trouble trusting most employees too.

JohnHawkP

Name
John Paton
It can be really frustrating losing and then having to train employees. After being burned a few times I had a lot of trouble trusting most employees too.

Yes being burnt has happened to a few of us as well.

I was warned by this employee's Uncle not to take him on. This was 20 years ago.

Me knowing better decided to mentor him.

I had a large house then and gave him a room at reduced rent. I paid him well.

He stole about 3 Grand
He lost his licence without telling me.
He drove my van recklessly and was in a collision. The other vehicle was written off. My vehicle had 7 grands worth of damage and was off the road for 2 weeks.
Insurance didn't cover either vehicle and I had to pay 22 grand.
I have never spoken about the final thing ever but sometimes there might be a time which is now. The statutory rape of my daughter at 15. It was consensual.

It was the closest I ever came to killing someone.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yes being burnt has happened to a few of us as well.

I was warned by this employee's Uncle not to take him on. This was 20 years ago.

Me knowing better decided to mentor him.

I had a large house then and gave him a room at reduced rent. I paid him well.

He stole about 3 Grand
He lost his licence without telling me.
He drove my van recklessly and was in a collision. The other vehicle was written off. My vehicle had 7 grands worth of damage and was off the road for 2 weeks.
Insurance didn't cover either vehicle and I had to pay 22 grand.
I have never spoken about the final thing ever but sometimes there might be a time which is now. The statutory rape of my daughter at 15. It was consensual.

It was the closest I ever came to killing someone.
Should have killed you'd have only served 3-5.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox

I think they wanted to go to Wendys

Reactions: Nomad74

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I think they wanted to go to Wendys
I've been very good. I started counting calories and limiting my soda and fast food intake. I haven't had a baconator in weeks. :( I've lost 10 lbs so far. I'm currently 217lbs. My goal is to get to 185 by Feb if I can. So far it's going well. I log everything I eat on a app on my phone. It's really helping me.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom