Mikey P said:
Mike,

Here is some Linux info.
http://www.whylinuxisbetter.net/
http://www.whylinuxisbetter.net/faq.php

Our LUG (Linux Users Group) meets
the first Saturday of every month at the
Felton Fire House at 2PM. The next meeting will be Aug. 7th. A demo install
will likely be done for the group using Fedora. Many different versions of Linux are available. I typically recommend Ubuntu.

Cheers,
Bob

Ubuntu is a good choice.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Brian R said:
[quote="steve frasier":3s14kdnm]if I was the customer I would have rescheduled

Steve, that says it all I think.

People sometimes believe that carpet cleaning is the most important thing in the world. I'm sure the carpet could wait another day as well.[/quote:3s14kdnm]

Hmmm, I wonder how you would feel if your mechanic was a day or two late fixing your truck because another client wanted their windows tinted in your time slot?

As far as rescheduling - only when really, really necessary. Your customer has taken time off work, packed off the kids & dogs, moved small items, vacuumed, and bragged to all the neighbors you were coming that day. Whimsical rescheduling to grab another $100 or $200 from a previous job is selfish and unprofessional.

Your customer should get to kick you in the balls if you show up 2 hours late.

Dolly

As usual !gotcha! !gotcha! Mike is a hoot.....It must be some kind of charm and he has not lost his touch....lol

topnotchman

Yeah.. we try our best to be right on the dot on time. I couldn't give a client a 30 minute window, god forbid if I stop and need to eat lunch! We have a 2 hour window. what about an over-chatty customer after your done? I've had some just talk talk talk talk to me about random stuff, its hard to get out of there sometimes.

I've had a couple real anal custy's that I had a firm appointment for 9am, and they were on the phone with me at 9:02am wondering where I was (i was like 4 houses down the street!) yikes.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
rhino1 said:
Brian R said:
[quote="steve frasier":1bj1m6lh]if I was the customer I would have rescheduled

Steve, that says it all I think.

People sometimes believe that carpet cleaning is the most important thing in the world. I'm sure the carpet could wait another day as well.

Hmmm, I wonder how you would feel if your mechanic was a day or two late fixing your truck because another client wanted their windows tinted in your time slot?

As far as rescheduling - only when really, really necessary. Your customer has taken time off work, packed off the kids & dogs, moved small items, vacuumed, and bragged to all the neighbors you were coming that day. Whimsical rescheduling to grab another $100 or $200 from a previous job is selfish and unprofessional.

Your customer should get to kick you in the balls if you show up 2 hours late.[/quote:1bj1m6lh]

Oh stop it already. Dismount will ya?
I've had companies be late, or not be able to get to me before and you just have to deal with that.
I don't have to drive my carpet to the hospital either.
Sometimes the company just screws me and sometimes they have a legit reason...who am I to judge?
maybe it's my forgiving personallity. :mrgreen:
I expect great customer service from every company I deal with and that includes a "hey, I'm sorry we just couldn't make it" etc.
Some things like a flat tire can be considered more of an "emergency" than a carpet cleaning.
I know, time off work and waiting around and all that but every cleaner should have the wherewithall (is that a word?) to call in plenty of time to give the custy a heads up.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Mikey P said:
pss "Thank you "Full Circle"....for sCrewInG-Up my schedule..".... :p :p :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Full Circle was in no way at fault here Shorty

Get some Glasses JugHeaD.... :!:
That was my QUOTE.... :roll:

Shorty ALREADY ....."Hates my GuTs"....NO need to FlaMe the Fire... :wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom