android sync to outlook

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Been a blackberry user for years and looking at the Samsung infuse 4g on Droid system. My biggest concern is syncing to my office computer via cable. What program are any of you using to synch to outlook? I am looking for simple. Reading about the missing synch. Appreciate the help.

Thanks

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I'm using Sync Cell for my calender, my contacts I've been using the PC Companion that came with the phone. I needed to set up a Google Acct to use the Google Calender. SyncCell syncs Outlook to Google Calender which then automatically syncs to my phone.
It works a little wonky for my contacts, thats why I'm using PC Companion for contacts. Cost me $35 for the software. Very simple to learn.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
My DROID syncs right to outlook through its own software. Find the corporate email option and follow the prompts. You will need your server name, user id, password etc for your outlook and then it just syncs away.
E
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Ken

I am looking to synch to my local computer. Would what you are saying work for just a single computer that is not networked?

Thanks guys. If I could find the smoothest transition I would have bought the phone yesterday so I had some time to work with it before all heck breaks loose again next week.

I appreciate all the help

Mark Saiger

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Ron,

Can you make changes on your phone and sync cell will pick it up to your computer? I have been doing a lot of reading and it sounds like that could be a probelm.

Mark Saiger

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Ron,

One more question, can you be on the phone and viewing the calender at the same time with SynchCell?

I see you can not with the Missing Synch system.

Mark

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Those are how I was testing software. I could sync one way but not the other without corrupting something.

Google automatically syncs with my Droid. When I make a change on my Droid, it gets changed within seconds on Google, and within seconds when I change the Google calendar.
The test was to sync Outlook to Google, in both directions. With SyncCell I can make a change/schedule in Outlook, then make the changes in SyncCell and it downloads to Google. The Google changes can be simultaneously uploaded to Outlook. So far, over the past month and half I've had no problems syncing my calendars.

I'm syncing right now actually.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom