android sync with outlook

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
ANyone have better success than me syncing a new android phone to outlook? I've spent hours trying to find some way to smoothly sync my calender to this new phone. I've sync'd through Google Calender and now I've now got ALL my appointments in TRIPLICATE and on the WRONG day and time. Thankfully my old phone still has all the correct dates and times.

Does the Iphone sync seemlessly?
What about the Windows phone?
My contacts sync'd fine and I was actually able to eliminate many duplicates.

Been using the Sony PC Companion to sync between Outlook and Google

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
If you first set up an account with Microsoft Exchange, you can seamlessly sync your Android phone with your computer as well as the Exchange cloud in real time. I have it set up, and as soon as I change anything in my calendar on my phone, or add a new contact to my phone, voila!, it's instantly on my computer. This will happen regardless of where I am at the moment. I can be in another state, and my laptop and home PC are instantly updated. Another benefit is if both my phone and laptop spontaneously combust, all my outlook info is safe and secure in the MS Exchange cloud, ready to synced to any other device.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Ron Werner said:
Oh, everyone including the phone makers were moving me towards Google.
Is the MS Exchange better?
Is that Windows Live ??

I would think they would move you towards Google because Google IS Android.
I can't say it's better, because honestly I don't really use the Google calendar or contacts.
I have been using Outlook for my email, contacts and calendar, so in that I choose to use Outlook, I use MS Exchange, which will sync everything. So basically, if you prefer Google's calendar and contacts, then stick with them, but if you prefer to use Outlook, I think you need an Exchange account to sync your contacts, calendar, and email instantly. I would just make sure that with Google, you can sync everything instantly through a cloud. That is what sold me on Exchange. No USB cable needed, no Bluetooth needed, nothing needed but a signal on your phone and an internet connection on your computer and the cloud syncs them both in real time. It's pretty cool. I think the Exchange account comes with 50 gigs of cloud based storage also. Windows live is something different.

Bob Foster

The most friendly phone to Outlook is the Blackberry. But IMO Blackberry is not as nice as most of the Android or Iphone systems.

The Exchange cloud is the best bet if you already bought the phone or just use Google Calendar.

edit = just like Frank said

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
anyone have a link to the MS Exchange site? I've tried Google again, had everything sync'd, but when I went to use it in real life, ie make appts on my phone and tried to get it back to Outlook, it corrupted my Outlook appts, altered appt times by 15hrs for some reason :roll:

kendallsdad

Supportive Member
There is a program called "Campanionlink" that works well to sync your info. It cost around $40 but it makes things pretty easy.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I spoke to my buddy who set up my Exchange account. An Exchange server account has to be set up through a Exchange "vendor", which he is. He can set up anyones phone and computer remotely, regardless of where they are located. He offers full support, and will walk you through setting up all the features. It costs 11-12 dollars a month, and he requires a year in advance. That price INCLUDES all setup and all future support. He is a good friend of mine and he knows his stuff. If anyone uses Outlook, and would like to have their smart phone continuously synced in real time (Email, Contacts, Calendar, Scheduler), plus cloud based backup of everything, PM me and I will forward you his info.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom