Angies List and Groupon?

Name
R.J. Povio
I know people on here advertise with Groupon. Does anyone advertise with Angies List? They keep calling us. I was wondering what peoples experiences are with Angies List in particular and Groupon too? Thank you.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
In CA Angieslist kicks butt for me. I advertise with them but I got in at very low price. I was going to hit it in TX but the price is through the roof here...and I'm not as happy with work here yet.

Yelp is another good one...I don't pay them...but I'm thinking about it.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Angieslist calls me all the time for TX
I'm a high as you can get in CA (that sounded wrong) so they just bill me.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
If you have good ratings at Angie's List spending a little money advertising there would probably be better for repeat business than using Groupon. A-L used to trade advertising for discounts for their members, and those "coupon clippers" would probably be more likely to continue to use your services at regular prices.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
Angie's List is good for a 1-3 jobs a month...for the ad price..I think it's worth it...not doing Groupon which sounds like a volume situation...beware: Angie's Custy's are picky and demanding....old people that have been burned by scammers so they have to be handled with kid gloves..that's been my experience so far

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
Angies List pushs me hard about every 6 months, the last e mail from the sales guy says that if I can't handle all the extra work then Angie's list isn't for me

haven't done it before but considering it, cost is $15 more that it was 6 months ago

the more members there are in the area you want to advertise usually determines the cost from what they tell me

if I was to do Angie's list, the one question I would ask before I left the home owners house
is there anything I haven't done that would cause you to give me a less then perfect rating

Angie's Custy's are picky and demanding....old people that have been burned by scammers so they have to be handled with kid gloves..that's been my experience so far

sounds about right, I have a few ratings from customers I cleaned for even though I have never advertised with them

Name
R.J. Povio
Bee Busy said:
Angie's List is good for a 1-3 jobs a month...for the ad price..I think it's worth it...not doing Groupon which sounds like a volume situation...beware: Angie's Custy's are picky and demanding....old people that have been burned by scammers so they have to be handled with kid gloves..that's been my experience so far

I would be content with 1-3 jobs a month. The A-L rep told me that in my area (rochester NY) that the average A-L carpet cleaning bill paid is about 400+ bucks. I find that hard a little hard to believe. I do think that A-L custys are higher end though therefore accounting for the higher job tickets. I have no problem with the most "pickiest" custys. Either myself or my brother is on every job (something you dont find much anymore). Besides the picky custys when happy are the biggest cheerleaders for your biz!!!!

The Groupon seems to definately be a volume thing, but may be worth a try in the slower season to help generate custys for that time (creating referrals). Referral custys seem to come in soon after the job you just completed for their friend.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Angieslist in TX is 10 times the amount I'm paying in Sac CA. :shock:

$35.00 in CA and $350.00 in TX....not sure what that's all about.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom