Angieslist.com Super Service Award 2010

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
And Harpet says we do crappy work. :roll:

Congratulations Priority Carpet And Tile Cleaning!

You've qualified for the 2010 Angie's List Super Service Award! This is our way of commending you on the outstanding service you provided our members this last year! Approximately 5% of businesses on the List qualify for this award and our members notice this huge accomplishment when selecting a service provider!

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Congrats, I'm working to get there soon. I only get the "you qualified for the honor roll" ad emails.

I "qualified" to spend more $ woohoo.

Do you advertise in the quarterly magazine?

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Brian R said:
And Harpet says we do crappy work. :roll:

Congratulations Priority Carpet And Tile Cleaning!

You've qualified for the 2010 Angie's List Super Service Award! This is our way of commending you on the outstanding service you provided our members this last year! Approximately 5% of businesses on the List qualify for this award and our members notice this huge accomplishment when selecting a service provider!
Congratulations. Brian.

Steve Toburen
www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS Without getting into you and Harper's little pillow fight I'll say that's really good considering you use sub-contractors. While subs bring undeniable benefits to your business model they also can mean less control over how the job is done. So what do you do to maintain consistency between different sub-contractors, Brian? Inquiring minds really do want to know. (Harper did not put me up to this.)

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Thanks...I do work hard to keep up the quality.

"hiring" a sub is no different from hiring an employee....it's a little more difficult to weed out the scum bags because you can't hire a sub with NO experience...so they tend to do things their way.

They are still just people...and they need work just as much as the next guy.

The beauty of it is if you can get a guy who just wants to work and doesn't ever want to do the office work or marketing.

If he does great work and makes the customers happy...it's a good relationship and I am more inclined to send him work.

After that guy....because THAT guy is hard to find...I make sure and send it to a "guy" or "company" that I already know does good work and doesn't mind subbing out.

See, what Harper doesn't understand is that getting 50% of a job that is just given to you is not bad money. There is profit in that job but Harp's pride gets in the way.
Other companies will sub for 35% or worse.

The best part (again, Harpe doesn't get it) is these guys know they are getting 50%...so they will try to upsell the job and do more work etc to make more money.

Believe it or not if you do a $300.00 and get 100% some guys are happy with that and don't try to push the issue. But when you're splitting the job, suddenly you start thinking about the end result.

I know what I just type almost contradicts itself ...but think about the state of mind...not just the profit.

The profit will be there...but with the state of mind there will be MORE profit for each party.

This has been a moment with Brian 8) !gotcha! 8)

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
And by the way...I will keep this real.

We have screwed up some Angies List job in the past....screwed them up horribly.

But the customer service that I have over the phone with myself and the Full Circle girls always wins them back and we still end up with a raving review.

Getting good reviews isn't about doing great work....although it's a huge part of it.

Getting good reviews is about customer service and fixing what you mess up and having a really good attitude about it when it does happen.

And it happens to everyone.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom