Angry neighbor

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Was cleaning carpets in an apartment suite this morning, regular customer for the last ten years. I start the job with the portable in the suite but move it out into the hallway for the last half of the job so as not to track up the carpet. Next door neighbor comes storming in, swearing at me for making noise in the hallway. I tell him to get the fook out of my face before I punch his in. He threatens to call the mgr as he walks away, saying I'll never work in this building again. I finish cleaning the suite and meet the mgr and explain what happened. She tells me that she is about to evict the tennant for similar actions. Makes you wonder what's going on with people to make them react like that.

randy

Name
Randy
Just be glad you don't live in Chicago. Right now we would be setting up a Go fund me for your family and discussing why that monster shot Ron 17 times.

Answer key: He had that many rounds in his stolen firearm.

People are getting nuts. I had a old lady on one of those mobility cart things chase me down the hall when I was cleaning a dryer vent in the unit next door. Do you know how humbling it is to run from a nasty old bitch that can roll along at 5 miles an hour screaming I'm gonna kick your f_______ass at the top of her lungs.

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Just be glad you don't live in Chicago. Right now we would be setting up a Go fund me for your family and discussing why that monster shot Ron 17 times.

People are getting nuts. I had a old lady on one of those mobility cart things chase me down the hall when I was cleaning a dryer vent in the unit next door. Do you know how humbling it is to run from a nasty old bitch that can roll along at 5 miles an hour screaming I'm gonna kick your f_______ass at the top of her lungs.
I'd pay to see the video.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Rob”he” was probably a Seattle ********* who identifies as a Schnauzer. Your big mean machine scared him. Bully.

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G

I couldn’t imagine living or working in those places

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Marty is that cranky old religious bastard next door.
I've talked to his crackHED neighbors

• Haha
Reactions: BIG WOOD

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
We have some buildings in SF where we are not permitted to park our portables in the hallways while working.
I bring a neoprene mats for when i must roll the porty over freshly cleaned carpets. It impresses the client.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
We have some buildings in SF where we are not permitted to park our portables in the hallways while working.
I bring a neoprene mats for when i must roll the porty over freshly cleaned carpets. It impresses the client.
I do the same when I have to but it is much easier to roll the machine out the door for the last bit. People who live in apartments have to expect a little noise once in a while. I am very accommodating when approached by reasonable people with reasonable requests but once you start swearing at me, all bets are off.

Reactions: BradFenstermaker

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
LOL

I thought Canadians were not prone to that kind of behavior.
Sounds to me like you're ready to meet Jimmy at the bus station of his choice :winky:

AdamDumphy

Name
Adam Dumphy
I was cleaning in downtown Minneapolis earlier this week at a town home right next to a condo building. This customers town home shares an alley way with the condo building next door and I had to park up on the curb so I'm out of the way of cars blah blah blah well I'm all set up and about to clean and a "manager" of the building comes out and starts telling me I cant park there and that he'll have me towed. I talk to my customer about it and he said let me make a phone call. Calls the lady that owns that building and tells her the situation and says were more than fine to park there as long as I'm on the sidewalk and said the guy who told me to move isn't a manger and just a on duty maintenance man for the building and has no say in what goes on. I was in no way a inconvenience to people to go in and out of their parking garages under the building. just some guy trying to act like he has power. Bet he had a nice conversation with his boss...

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I was cleaning in downtown Minneapolis earlier this week at a town home right next to a condo building. This customers town home shares an alley way with the condo building next door and I had to park up on the curb so I'm out of the way of cars blah blah blah well I'm all set up and about to clean and a "manager" of the building comes out and starts telling me I cant park there and that he'll have me towed. I talk to my customer about it and he said let me make a phone call. Calls the lady that owns that building and tells her the situation and says were more than fine to park there as long as I'm on the sidewalk and said the guy who told me to move isn't a manger and just a on duty maintenance man for the building and has no say in what goes on. I was in no way a inconvenience to people to go in and out of their parking garages under the building. just some guy trying to act like he has power. Bet he had a nice conversation with his boss...
Makes you wonder who designs some of these places. I turned down a job the other day. Townhouses built on a busy road with no parking allowed. Common parkade with the highrise at the end. Must be done with a portable but first you must enter from the highrise parkade, then roll your portable down the sidewalk, then up 14 concrete stairs to get to the main floor of the townhouse and the only carpet is 2 bedrooms on the third floor. There are lots of other guys hungrier than me that will do it. Couldn't pay me enough to do it.

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I guess you could op it.
If you want to haul your op machine up a wooden staircase to the third floor. We seem to have more and more buildings built without any thought for the tradesmen who have to work in them. Even moving companies have to apply to the city for a permit to park on the street for move in/outs. Always creates a traffic jam as it's a main artery

AdamDumphy

Name
Adam Dumphy
If you want to haul your op machine up a wooden staircase to the third floor. We seem to have more and more buildings built without any thought for the tradesmen who have to work in them. Even moving companies have to apply to the city for a permit to park on the street for move in/outs. Always creates a traffic jam as it's a main artery
Yeah the best part about it the job was when I went to shut the truck down for a bit and take a break there was a moving truck on the other side of the alley way and now no one could get in or at of the place. So if its for their building no problem blocking things but my way smaller van compared to a big moving truck is to much for them to handle.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom