anonymous member has streaking issues and needs fast help!

Mikey P

Administrator
How do I correct striping in the carpeting after a recent cleaning? I raised the psi due to the density of the carpet and the fact that it hadn't been cleaned in 15 years. Please respond today, headed to customers home this afternoon.

Greenie

Double his jet size ie 9501 to a 9502, this will help, and he won't have to "crank" the pressure on a thick carpet to properly rinse it, and therefor won't get Pile Distortion form the high pressure.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
When I first started cleaning I use to streak the last room before the door. It started to piss me off because I couldn't figure out why. I narrowed it down to I was prespraying too far ahead and my prespray would dry in that area. Once the jets hit it even at a lower psi, it would happen. Also I was trying to do one pass cleaning, without any agitation of any kind.

When I got called back I would just re-prespray and change my cleaning stroke from a straight forward and back to a keyed stroke and it always fixed the problem.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Yeah, it depends if it's a "clean" streak or pile distortion.

Need to know what kind of wand and how many jets too.

Take care,
Lisa

Greenie

Um....He said he cranked the pressure up because it was a thick pile, turn press back down, and use larger jets.

If he was using larger jets in the first place, probably wouldn't have needed to turn pressure up, just slow his back stroke a bit and solved the problem. I'll bet when all is said and done, it will ahve turned out he has real small jets pointed straigh down at carpet, probably jetted by the TM Mfg.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I had a streaking problem in my younger days...now, I know nobody wants to see that so I tend to keep it covered up.

I think it was Lisa who told me to cut it out or she was gonna call the authorities. 8)

harryhides

Name
Tony
Higher pressure COULD cause streaking/wicking esp on a carpet that was not cleaned for 15 years but I suspect that it is pile distortion.
Would help to know if it was a Nylon plush vs an Olefin Berber.

Only one word comes to mind , REDO , then the condition of the jets if old then the spray pattern would cause this then the cleaning method or overlap. Just overlap more.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
this is the reply I sent him before I looked in this room;

sounds like you either have "cleaner streaks" from higher jet impact in the middle of the jet, or jet streak distortion of the pile.
Both can be caused of some types of carpets by excessive psi , or worn jets or wand type.

On most piles it can be corrected

to correct it, turn down the psi to "normal" levels (300-400 psi) , turn up the heat and "chop stroke" them out.
You'll likely have to re-clean the whole carpet.
Mist it with some hot water before you start.
That should help too

if you're not familiar with what the chop stroke is, it's simply brisk back and forth wand strokes with the triggered keyed.
Be sure to give plenty dry strokes too

G'luck

then i sent a PS....
it said he "might" get lucky and just needs vacced and/or groomed out.
Then suggested he he groom anyway if he does have to re-clean

..L.T.A.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
my answer to him this am but he never read it..............

Yes this can be corrected......I did the same thing once...PSI was way to high and I distorted the fiber

re clean and turn your pressure down and use nice even slow wand strokes and dry stroke the area a few times to get the fiber to stand back up....

If you have or can get your hands on an rx-20 it will work even better

then groom the carpet....

also be very aware...after 15 years and never been cleaned..the pile is probably already distorted and there may be nothing you can do to make it 100 %.........

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
the slow wand stroke might not work depending on his wand, jets and the type carpet.

hot water chop strokes should get it fo-sho if anything will, though

..L.T.A.

Buzzbac

"My friend, has a problem, its embarrassing, and although I'm a really clever dude, i dont know the answer, now I have to insist, its not meeeeeee, its my "friend" that has this problem, so how do I post an anonymous query???? Or I should use greenies pc to ask??

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom