Another $8,000.00 fuel bill

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Man I hate this, $8,613.00 fuel bill, up to 4.4 % of sale.

I ordered 2-Prius Hybrids to replace a couple of pickups, I hope that helps 15-mpg for 45 mpg. We need Hybrid Van's.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
IF you look carefully hybrids don't get that much better mileage than say a honda civic, certainly not enough to offset the higher initial cost. If you wanna really save fuel look for the VW jetta TDI, those can get 50 mpg or more, I know diesel is more expensive but the added power and greater fuel economy will offset that, diesel is a much more efficient fuel however it doesn't fit with the lib agenda, so their response is to hammer diesel with regulations that make the fuel more expensive and the vehicles LESS fuel efficient. If you don't think the lib agenda is already bending you over without vaseline, between my newer model diesel getting less fuel mileage than previous models and the added expense of refinement of the fuel, Its costing me at least a $100/mo with those 2 things. notice how when even obama said he would consider offshore drilling, the oil price drops big time. I hope this kind of thing will be a strong consideration when all of us vote in november

Fon Johnson

Obama has the answer. Just make sure to properly inflate your tires.

As an intelligent American who is paying $100+ per fill-up, I was actually quite insulted that he seems to assume that nobody else thought of that. Watch this guy closely. He has a serious God complex..

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
Just put a hydrogen converter on you trucks and vans. They about double the fuel effeciency of about any vehicle out there.

Mikey P

Administrator
Kansas?

Are you kidding?

What is it, 4 square miles total?

35055464.JPG

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Fon Johnson said:
Obama has the answer. Just make sure to properly inflate your tires.

As an intelligent American who is paying $100+ per fill-up, I was actually quite insulted that he seems to assume that nobody else thought of that. Watch this guy closely. He has a serious God complex..

you would too if you where the messiah

Greenie

Anyone remember those little hondas in the late 60s and 70s, they got about 45 mpg THEN! using a naturally asperated carb.
So who pulling the wool these days?

Hybrids...lol funny stuff, take what....6 years to break even on fuel cost?

If the Prez had any balls he's mandate alternative fuel right now, no ifs ands or butts, 30% mandate would strip foreign control overnight and force US companies to get hopping right now or go bye bye. We already have the battery technology to make electric cars that roll 200 miles a day for the average joe, why even consider a fossil fuel burner?

It takes balls to do the right thing.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
This is my second month of it, last year we averaged around $5,000.00, I'm sick of it.

I'm also buying Garmin's, so they don't get lost and don't waste gas. It's actually easier than printing maps. With Goggle you just send it to the Garmin and the guys have their day preloaded.

Al have you traded in your Hummer yet?

I was watching CNN the other night and they said that Hummer was buying back the dealerships, so they wouldn't get sued.

They said the hope to just quietly quit making them.

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
Richard are you selling the two pickups your replacing or trading them in?

I'm trying to sell my truck right now but of course no one wants one. If they do they don't want to pay anything for it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
They are lease, 04 Toyota Tundra quad cab and 06 Tacoma quad cab.

Yea we traded my 19-year olds F-150 for next to nothing, but got him a good deal on an 02 Tunda Access cab with low miles.

Unfortunately you can get a good deal buying, not selling.

Cameron1

Yes, and the republicans in the senate just sold us down the river too. Gave in to the dems. on offshore drilling

Scott

Richard - 4.4% isn't bad for fuel. Ours is near your percentage but we're in Podunksville MI and have to drive pretty far most days.

I'm outta the loop on buying back the Hummer dealerships. Why are they in trouble?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Lets see , you get a Prius for 24K or you can get a HONDA FIT or TOYOTA YARIS that does just as well in gas mileage for 10K less.

They say it will take at least 5 years before you see any savings with the hybrid.
Taking in account that it costs alot more in the beginning.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Scott last year it was 2.2 for same time period and similar sales. :(

James
Yaris did fit our image, we considered the Corolla but the blue was a sissy blue. Honda makes a good car we had one of their wagon's 10-years ago, but color was the issue.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
MicahR said:
I'm trying to sell my truck right now but of course no one wants one. If they do they don't want to pay anything for it.

We were in Bloomington/Normal IL lastnight and they have a sale barn for all the dealers to take cars to for weekend sales. When we drove through town we noticed just about every car lot left all their full size trucks at the dealerships and didnt take them out to the sale.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Used to be color was an issue only with the crackers. Now it's the spics and the ni ... er ... what can I call them now and not get Mikey mad at me? :roll:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
In another thread I did in the Bird room I was talking about the discounts that you can get on SUVs right now will outway the "savings" you will get with a POS prius. This only works if you are planning to get another vehicle really.

Anyone look into the cost of the battery in a prius? I have only heard that they are expensive as all hell and have to be replaces..not sure when.

The second part of this post I am surely talking out of my Ass but the first part is experience first hand.

harryhides

Name
Tony
When the lease ran out on my Blazer 2 yrs ago, I decided that I would buy rather than lease. So rather getting another Blazer which would now have zero re-sale value I bought a Hybrid Camry.
Gas prices have doubled since then but the real saving imo will be in re-sale value.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
packfancjh said:
Just put a hydrogen converter on you trucks and vans. They about double the fuel effeciency of about any vehicle out there.

On newer vehicles you have got to deal with the O2 sensors. They will think the hydrogen is actually oxegen and you get worse mileage and your car will run so rich it will choke itself to death on the fuel.

Or so I've heard...

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Gary, i think you are right about the o2 sensors.

We are thinking about getting a corrolla or civic or something small for one of our janitorial crews. Just to save some gas. Especially the crew that goes all over the place doing small apartment jobs. Our bill was juist over $2500 this month, not nearly as much as some, but it still puts a hurtin on us!

John Buxton

Gotta side with Grennie. As a dumbass carpet cleaner I said that back in the 70's when we had rationing.

Probably just a coincidence that our pres is in office when it goes from .99 to 4.00 a gallon and he happens to be in the oil biz and he happens to invade mideastern countries full of oil. Oh and what about the x-government companies making a killing on the war(s).

Rex Tyus

John Buxton said:
Gotta side with Grennie. As a dumbass carpet cleaner I said that back in the 70's when we had rationing.

Probably just a coincidence that our pres is in office when it goes from .99 to 4.00 a gallon and he happens to be in the oil biz and he happens to invade mideastern countries full of oil. Oh and what about the x-government companies making a killing on the war(s).

So was Carter in the oil business too "back in the 70's when we had rationing".

Bush with all his faults is SOOO not to blame for the high price of oil. If he had his way we would have Alaskan oil on the market by now, additional nuclear plants to generate electricity so we wouldn't need to use as much diesel for generating it, natural gas utilization was also one of his proposals AND we would have expanded coal generating plants to further reduce the need for foreign oil. There are many things to criticise Bush for, but the price of oil is NOT one of them. It is ok to be a hater but be an honest/informed hater.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom