Another Airpath thread

TimP

I was at Jon-don earlier this week taking a class. Anyway I was able to get a demo of an airpath running. I thought I'd share my opinion of the machine.

First let me say that it's a nice looking machine and looks like quality. Also let me say that I couldn't demo it in a full room of wet carpet so I still have no first hand experience as to how dry times go. But my experience from the air movement left me scratching my head. Needless to say I didn't think there was much airflow on the floor at a distance of 5 or so ft away from it. From what everyone said about it I was expecting much more airflow. Shoot my snail airmovers move more air around and if you point it at an angle at a wall you can get more airmovement in an open room than what the airpath seemed to produce. I was also expecting a bigger motor, and to me the motor seemed fairly small to do what is advertised.

Anyways I left with the impression that it's not worth near 525 bucks they want for it. I think it's worth maybe 3-400 at the very most. The only think that would change my mind is if I used one and it really did what they say and it dried a 12x12 room in 10 minutes and in the humid part of the world I'm at.

Mike Draper

Ill bet you a new studebaker that it will dry you carpet in half as much time as your snail air movers. I've got 3 studebakers, they make me MONEY!

Mikey P

Administrator
Tim,

I hope you picked your wife with better detective skills then you pick equipment with.

The AP (any rendition) knocks the fooking socks of an Air Mover/Snail

Tim, You could be right on your assumptions. All I can tell you is I can't clean carpets without it now. I like to take it in on all jobs residential and commercial. I can get a room dry within 30 minutes if I want. I believe Pembertons will sell you the old model for $300. I would of bought that one, but it did not stand up well in the truck. This machine is a good buy in my opinion, wish you were closer, I would lend you mine. Ron

Farenheit251

Tim, I also was unimpressed by the airflow. The thing you got to take into acct iis that it is going in all directions. I ended up buying 2 and they do work great. Forr a cleaner who already extracts well they put the icing on the cake. I clean quick so each one gets 10-15 minutes in an area which I think cuts dry time by 2 hrs. Usually my normal dry time is 2-6 hrs so cutting off 2 is huge.

TimP

My carpet is typically dry in 4 hours with out fans. I've done 12x12 bedrooms for customers who pulled all their furniture out before and angled my prochem fan at the wall and i believe the carpet was dry to the touch in 20 minutes or less. I paid 250 for those fans when I started my business. I don't like pulling them out as it is right now. And that's one reason why I haven't pulled the trigger yet, the second is the sticker price. And the third is that I would want more money on a job to use them, and it doesn't sound like many will pay for it.

Anyways I was expecting more air movement for 525 bucks. I'd love to try them out on carpet to see what happens. I'm not saying they can't do what they say because like I said I haven't tested them on carpet. I had some phoenix axial fans that I bought for water damage, and those things could move some air and long distances too. I was just expecting a lot of air and it wasn't what I was expecting from the hype, it may be because it was a bad fan.

topnotchman

This room was dry in about 25 minutes. Thing I learned (on a more open room) was to move it around a bit, let it run for maybe 10-15 mins and move it around maybe a couple feet over in one direction. That seems to work best. Also the motor is plenty big I think, its a 1 HP motor, thats pretty good size for any fan. Considering a regular Dri-Eaz Turbo Dryer isn't even 1 HP.

IMG00331.jpg

TimP

Has anyone compared the Mytee Qwik dry 4700 and 2700 to the airpath for performance?

I believe Jim likes the mytee fans better. I'd love to hear his 2 cents on them and what exactly he has.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom