Another Aussie Install

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
Thought I'd show you guys what we are up to on the other side of the world. This install is a PowerClean Gen 59 into a Toyota Hi-Ace van (a pretty small van compared to what you have over there I know, but we have to work with what we have)

PICT0061.jpg

This customer had some unique requests when he purchased this machine and got us to do the install. He wanted something he could simply get in and pressure wash out the back of his rig. Then entire floor is waterproofed and coated in Line-X, as are all the frames and part way up the walls. The frame and waste tank on the machine are all Stainless Steel as well.

We had it colour coded to match the colour of the van also. He wanted a raised floor installed to mount the Genesis to so he could put ladders and other accessories under the floor. The hose reel wasn't in at this stage, but it is a stainless steel reel that can hold 6 lengths, and he wanted it set up with a hide-a-hose arrangement. He also wanted all the exhausts ducted and muffled under the vehicle.

PICT0055.jpg

Behind the drivers door, he wanted this compartment just for his larger tools/accessories. You can also climb in through this section and get to the back of the machine/waste tank very easily.

PICT0058.jpg

He requested that we build a chemical shelf in the compartment behind the passenger door, that in his words "will hold a tonne of chemicals". Again all this racking is also sprayed and waterproofed by colour coded Line-X. This section also sits on a raised floor.

Jim

p.s. And before you say anything - that is how you are supposed to spell colour :p

Attachments

• PICT0061.jpg
    PICT0061.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 193
  • PICT0055.jpg
    PICT0055.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 176
  • PICT0058.jpg
    PICT0058.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 182

John Watson

Jim,

I for one ,think it is simply amazing what you do with those smaller vans and the way you do it looks so neat and well thought out. I would love to see what you and your team can do with a Ford E350 stretch van. I really like that raised floor design. there is so much wasted space left otherwise.

Did you make another of your nifty ramp rails for loading the cimex? Those things are so awkward and just heavy enough to really hurt your self good trying to manhandle them by yourself..

Could you enlighten us with the cost of this type of install in US Dollars?

ultraclean

Hay Jim Great install!!! just one question, wouldn't you put the chems on the other side of the van so when you are unloading in the street the equipment is on the safe side not out in traffic.

thanks Andrew

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Andy; I think the logic there is, you only have to get the equipment out once, & in once.

Chemicals, you could be backwards and forwards for, which the left side would be safer for.

Most times I park in a driveway, so it does not really make that much difference.

One thing to note John, is that these Toyota Hi Ace vans are also only four cylinder.

Cheers,

Shorty.

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
Hi guys,

Andrew, Shorty has got it in one! Normally you will make less trips to your machinery side then the chemical side. We also put the chemicals out the left hand side to counteract the weight of the Genesis and its waste tank that sits toward the right hand side of the van. There is a lot of weight in that many chemicals and it balances the van out nicely.

Thanks for the kind words again John. We would love to play around with larger vans and trucks. I reckon we could pimp out a Vortex nicely :) We haven't made a Cimex ramp for this van yet as the customer has got some other accessories and air movers to go into this section. When he gets everything finalized, we can easily make the ramps for him that suit the final Cimex storage place.

The cost of something like this would be broken down something like this in USD...(roughly)

-Suspended Floor Materials - $ 1,200
-Acid Proofing Spray to cover floor and racking - $ 2,000
-Chemical Shelf custom made - $ 900
-Time and Labour to manufacture - $ 1,500 as it takes a few weeks to put these jigsaw pieces all together.
-Truckmount install - Covered under purchase price of machine
-Customer that is blown away by the performance of his new pimped out Genesis and install......PRICELESS :p

Jim

Scott Rogers

Any chance you can post a picture with the hose reel in? I would love to see how a 300 (6 lengths) hose real would fit in there.

You guys do some awesome installs!!

1 thing I would change is on the chem shelf. It appears there are multiple bottles of the same chems. if you made the shelf straight but deep enough for 2 bottles (open container in the front with replacement directly behind) it would give you around another foot to the compartment behind where the Cimex and vac are.

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
I will contact the customer and ask him to email me a picture when the hose reel goes back in. He has taken it out to make it electric wind up. Let me tell you though that the hose reel is a very snug fit in there!

You are right, there are multiple bottles there. As we have a bit of a reputation (I am probably biased though :) ) for our nice installs, this customer that purchased this lives 4 states away - about 2500 miles from our office - so after we finished the installation, it gets put onto a car carrying truck and begins a 8 day delivery trip before the owners gets it. We then fly over and run the handover and servicing on the machine.

So I filled up the chem shelf just as an exercise (and to take a photo of it) to see how much chemical I could fit in there before we shipped this rig out to our customer. It had to get shipped completely void of any chemical and anything not bolted down.

Good idea on the shelf though Scott. Thanks!

Jim

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
What a beautiful custom job, Jim. Thanks for sharing those photos.
Hope you re doing well. Are you coming over to Connections this year?

Scott Warrington

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
Hi Scott,

It has to be my turn to fly over for connections this year for sure! But Gary is better suited due to his technical background.

We would love to drop in for Mikeyfest as well if we have other commitments in the US whilst we were there.

When is Connections this year?

Jim

Back
Top Bottom