Another Board Myth Exposed Little Giant

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Well I bought into all the board hype. Bought the fancy Little Giant 4 HT HP. Well the coil started leaking yesterday. Spent 2400 bucks on this thing. Its only 18 months old. What a Joke.

Golden Boy

Name
Shawn Forsythe
If it were a race car, it would mean that it lasted over a season and a half, in the hands of a mad man. Many would find that amazing.

Why was the coil leaking?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
You froze it over the winter and now your using it for the first time since you actually booked a job and now it leaks and you blame the heater and Mikeysboard?

Reactions: Jimbo

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Fook both you guys. Noo fooken clue. Its rated for 1300 PSI I run at 800 psi. Waste of money.

Golden Boy

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Like said before you likely froze it. Get it silver soldered and quit bitching.

Last edited:

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
The little giants are underpowered and overpriced.

beagleboy

I don't know how you can say that . The one I use will heat all the water I can use pressure washing at 1000 pounds and heats the water with about 40% as much propane as the steel coil pressure washing heater I used for years . No flow switch , I can say it was one of the best pieces of equipment I bought in the last 30 years .

Reactions: Jimbo

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Yoakum you stupid BD. No I didnt freeze the coil you moron. Just started leaking yesterday. Kept the insulated box truck toasty at 55 degrees. Weather has been fine for the last month. Little Giants are junk. Yoakum I have know clue why even clean carpets. Your such a Genius. But stuck in Lincoln Nebraska with 800 other BD Carpet Cleaners.

GOLDEN bOY

John Olson

Name
John Olson
LOL your funny Waldo :) I bet you blame the tire manufacture when get a blow out because you curb your tires so many times the side walls give out...I have 20+ year old little giants working like the day they went into use. Now their customer services is the worst ever but the product...those things just work and work I have yet to see any issue with one that wasn't user error...wait I take that back the igniter garbage..this things last about 6 months.best to just take them off and replace them with the electronic high dollar one from the start.other then that... You broke it... :clap:

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Go Fook yourself John you have no clue. Dont talk to me like Im some punk kid. I did nothing wrong . I rarely complain about crooked companies. I spent 2400 bucks. Should last longer then 18 months. Fook it. I ll use the leaky POS. Kind of funny you start pointing the finger at me for freezing it. Ya ok. I understand you hate carpet cleaners. But you chose the profession not me.

Golden Boy

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Ok enough already are you serious? I'm busting Waldo's balls.. If you are actually serious one stop with the"Waldo" persona nonsense. I have no way of knowing if your serious or just being the board jackass just to start shit. I consider us friends and and thought this whole thread was just another one of your :bull: post. Sorry if it is true. Now if it is true I stand by what I said. I can't stand little giants customer. Service. It is terrible but they make a pretty damn good heater. Why their services sucks they know they have the market cornered and could care less about you or I complaining about them not caring. If you didn't freeze it then the only way I know of for it to leak is if you fired it up with no water in it and cooked all the solder out.if that happened it can be fixed. Take it out of the truck and take the shroud off. Hook it to your garden hose and film where it is leaking.A plumber or a heating and air guy or even a radiator shop can re solder it if that is adhere it is leaking and unless it froze or it was over pressured there so be no reason for the coil to have split. Either way you need to find out where it is leaking. And in the future don't act like "Waldo" when You have a serious issue and you won't be treated like "Waldo" still consider you a friends even after what you said in the PM

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
First Little Giant I had sprung a leak.
All it was, was a pinhole impurity in one of the welds that finally blew through.
Silver soldered it up and it was fine for the next 10 years.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Ive been cleaning with TM's encorporating Little Giant heaters for the past 25 years and have never had a heater failure on one yet.

If my experience is any indication of the national trend, then I would say the heater is the less likely major component to fail.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Yoakum you stupid BD. No I didnt freeze the coil you moron. Just started leaking yesterday. Kept the insulated box truck toasty at 55 degrees. Weather has been fine for the last month. Little Giants are junk. Yoakum I have know clue why even clean carpets. Your such a Genius. But stuck in Lincoln Nebraska with 800 other BD Carpet Cleaners.

GOLDEN bOY
You are really showing your decorum, civility and integrity (Or lack of) With this post. LOL!!! Could be a welding pin hole (A pin hole is an easy fix ), Freezing can show up later due to pump or road vibrations, We just had 3" of snow 2 weeks ago and freezing temps last week and you are not that far from me. BTW: You only wish you could be as "Broke" as me. It would be a giant leap forward for you.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
If you can spare the room in the van and dont mind running 1 power cord I would recommend a northstar diesal / kero heater. They are rated to handle 4000 psi which tells me the coil is a lot stronger. I have had mine for about 2 or 3 years and only had to replace the flow switch wich is only a $40.00 part but since I started running soft water I have had no problems. I like that its rated for Higher pressures which lets me have monster heat for hard surface and power washing jobs. Plus the diesal tank is self contained so no need for a belly mount or propane tank. They do take up a considerably greater amount of room in the van but the performance and reliability cant be beat

Gmackay

Name
Gary
What may have happened and I have done this: damn air leak in your system due to a screwed up meter system or something like running your stock solution dry & you sucked air in the system. Blowing high pressure air into the heater system will find & work on inferior welds. Due to all the variables we have is probably why they won't warranty it.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I've been using my 4HT for 5 yrs now, no issues. I've had some times with low heat but that was cured by cleaning the jets. Ran it up to 1000psi a couple times, no leaks. Don't have a need to go any higher pressure. I had a steel coil oil burner, dang thing rusted on me and I couldn't get clean water out of it, no matter how much I flushed it. That was $3000 wasted.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom