Another fun sandbox daycare carpet

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
The joy of rolling back that rug perfectly to find the golden array of sand underneath

04D9879F-833C-424B-9B45-6D8872ADE5FE.jpeg

Reactions: Hack Attack

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Did about 30 of those today. It was a Jewish School. They do it 3-4 times a year. Flipping and shaking works better than vacuuming for these in my opinion.
I wonder how much is sand and how much is the backing coming apart? If the backings were solid, it would make sense to bring in a rug duster and grid and go to town on them.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
10 crb with renovators “beats” all that on those stinking rugs. I do do those a lot.😏 Sand, wood chips, even shredded rubber. I giant dust pan that crap😜🥴

Reactions: BIG WOOD

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I wonder how much is sand and how much is the backing coming apart? If the backings were solid, it would make sense to bring in a rug duster and grid and go to town on them.
The old rugs had both but these are fairly new. I didn’t see any evidence the backing was falling apart. The filter box is always full of sand, it doesn’t matter what we do. They have a crawling tunnel that we pull out the carpet and clean. No matter how much I beat it out pink glittery sands keeps coming. i Don’t have a better way to remove the sand but a grid with a crb would be practical if they make special brushes With a paddle. I’ve never looked into it. I’ve been doing it longer than I can remember and they are always happy. .

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
The old rugs had both but these are fairly new. I didn’t see any evidence the backing was falling apart. The filter box is always full of sand, it doesn’t matter what we do. They have a crawling tunnel that we pull out the carpet and clean. No matter how much I beat it out pink glittery sands keeps coming. i Don’t have a better way to remove the sand but a grid with a crb would be practical if they make special brushes With a paddle. I’ve never looked into it. I’ve been doing it longer than I can remember and they are always happy. .

I would like to bring a fancy grid on site with me to do these rugs, but at only $50/rug on site😒, it’s not worth the time and effort. So I just do A good vac on the back, a decent vac on the normal side, Prespray a heavy surfactant, then blast as much sand out at 750+psi with my wand hwe. Whatever is left is better than what was there before. This is business, not a hobby. The customer is impressed and that’s all that matters. You have to adjust your type of work to what the customer is willing to pay to make it acceptable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cleanworks

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I don't know about you guys, but the stocks are on fire baby. LIT, AAPL, and HAL made me smile.

My TSLA is doing well but I may flip my position again and short it. TSLA hasn't made a profit in 17 years of operation and Q4 isn't looking much better.

• Eyeroll
Reactions: BIG WOOD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom