another good one on the chopping block.....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Yea.....you notice he is just not getting rid of the truck...he is dumping it all.....tools chemicals...everything......sounds like a complete shut down........

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
did i miss it. how many hours on the machine. looks like 2" hose feeding a 1.5 whip. doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of buying a vortex . what's up with all the 2" around the waste tank?

Jim what about this model do you like.

gene

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
The 6008 is the Vortex sweet spot......as they tried to make this machine better they just made it way to complicated for us simple Carpet Cleaners....they started adding to much BS .....shinny does not make the machine run good..fancy panels and way to may buttons are just trouble waiting to happen.......we don't need the bells whistles and sirens...we need dependability.... .the 6008 is a simple design...it evolved very nicely from the older units....very easy to run...very easy to work on and figure out....and very dependable......turn it on ...set your PRM and walk away.....Look at the Aero Techs..........Billy Hicks machine is a good example.....(minus all the crap he put into it)...if you took it apart.....(not counting the HX changes that had to be made)......it is still a 6008.......and if he don't burn it down from all the over loading on the wiring system...it will serve him well for a long time...............

K.I.S.S..................

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
what's up with all the 2" around the waste tank?

they all pretty much came with the 2 inch on the waste tank.....then someone cut into theirs and went to 2.5 and that's when it seemed like it started to snow ball....it started going from the 2.5 to the large single 5 inch contraption into a filter box.....

but notice on this unit it is a 1400 ud with a 220 gallon fresh tank but it has the 140 gallon waste......

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I googled his company earlier and found a woman that was very dissatisfied with his work and he wouldn't make it right. I hope he does better in his new field. Does anybody know him?

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
owning the best won't make you the best. being the best is a state of mind, always wanting to make the customer happy regardless of profit.

gene

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
GeneMiller said:
owning the best won't make you the best. being the best is a state of mind, always wanting to make the customer happy regardless of profit.

gene

wrong thread...quotable quotes are down a few ................ :D

Name
Lee Stockwell
Could likely be a few complaints because he was sick. I remember trying to muddle thru a few jobs when I was sick as a dog, stressed, and dealing with drama I couldn't change.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
that looks like a nice unit. if a guy wants to get into a vortex a unit like that makes the most sense. the truck isn't wore out. I think our own mikey p should trade his machine for that, 6 years and 300k a year his machine should be getting wore out. I have told mikey when he comes to salt lake to pick up his new aerotech I will buy him some taco bell :lol:

Ron Werner said:
thats a lot of equipment for sale too!
28K sounds like a great buy

Where did you come up with 28k?

The reserve is probably 65-70k. Anything under 50k would be a good deal imo.

Mikey P

Administrator
With out a glide on those wands and that 2" choked down vacuum system (notice the ball valve coming off the tank, it's got a 1 1/14 inner diameter) it is no wonder he got complaints.

Rip off those lame lint filters, ditch the restrictive plastic elbows, get some 2.5 coming off a Vanifold and you're back in biz.

Assuming the Fresh don't leak to bad, and they all do to some degree, that is a sweet truck.

But you could put a gun to my head and I wouldn't take it for free.

UD trucks are like a Leprechaun with Leprosy around my parts. No one has ever seen one and no one wants to touch it.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Ron Werner said:
danielc said:
[quote="Ron Werner":3p3s63yv]thats a lot of equipment for sale too!
28K sounds like a great buy

Where did you come up with 28k?

The reserve is probably 65-70k. Anything under 50k would be a good deal imo.
Starting bid: US $25,000.00
reserve not met.
Why not just put the reserve bid up instead of letting people guess?[/quote:3p3s63yv]

I have never understood the reserve deal, what I do is start the bidding at the absolute lowest amount I would even think about taking. I think in some cases setting a reserve scares people off.

mikey, I think you are alot better off with a UD than an isuzu, especially when we are talking a truck that is a few years old.

The Preacher

GeneMiller said:

gene

"i can out clean most of you numb nutz with a bucket and brush!!!!!!"

ToDD McClean on Dannys computer :shock:

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
it has 3612 hrs after 6 years. that's very low for 6 years. maybe that's what made him sick.

it's also a lease. how do you sell a lease ?

gene

A

amazingcleansc

GeneMiller said:
it has 3612 hrs after 6 years. that's very low for 6 years. maybe that's what made him sick.

it's also a lease. how do you sell a lease ?

gene

The sum of your lease payments plus your residual. Its one step more than calling and getting a payoff if you financed it the conventional way.

jvz6g

Everone who's reading the blog chain...the truck and the business happen to be my husband's and the reserve amount is $47,500 on ebay.

We live in a very unique and loyal upscale community in Northern California where he never had to travel outside of a 15-20 mile radius which has afforded him the "gift" to put very few hours on the machine due to large paying jobs and minimal miles on the truck...and earn a decent income!

Last year he was diagnosed with adrenal cancer which required the removal of his left adrenal gland and kidney in mid June....a very major operation. Then later thesame year they found an AVM on his brain which required Gamma Knife radiation in late November. He has a good 2 years of recovery ahead of him (provided all goes well) and it's killing him to sell his dream, but he also recognizes he simply commit to work schedule and we can't afford to let the business sit idle.

By the way...selling a lease is just like any other lease; the buyer pays the leasing company directly with our coordination. We've spoken to the leasing company and they have confirmed the process.

If anyone has serious questions about the truck....please ask. jvz6g@allstate.com or call 916-933-6512 and ask for David.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Its to bad really........If the economy wasn't so up and down...I would of probably already had Marty's sitting in my drive way..and if he wasn't selling his.....then I would of jumped all over that one.......Things are just to uncertain out there for anyone to take the chance on another investment.....Hope that one doesn't go to the waste side any where..........

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom